News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic: The Gathering Plugin Updates

Started by CrazyChucky, January 23, 2020, 09:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

7/10/20

• Added Signature Spellbook and Secret Lair sets. Each set code has "1" prepended; for instance, Secret Lair Drop is 1sld insteead of sld. This will keep Lackey from supplying promo prints by default when you paste in a deck list.
  • Card sounds are once again listed directly in the card files instead of in ListOfCardSoundFiles. Hopefully this fixes the sound problem.
  • The formatting for flip cards, double-faced cards, and meld have been improved and made more consistent. The full text, name, types, and (if applicable) power/toughness of the bottom/back/melded side are appended to the main card's text field, for easier searching.
  • All errata should be up to date. Notably, we now have the mill keyword and hounds are DOGS!
  • Added the Pioneer format.

dragostea

Can confirm that sound problem is fixed. Thank you <3

CrazyChucky

You're welcome! : )

7/15/20

Core Set 2021 is now hi-res.

I also flagged the Secret Lair cards which don't yet have high-res images. This won't change anything visible for now, just the image file names. But if you've viewed Secret Lair cards in the last five days, you might want to delete your plugins/setimages/1sld folder, so that when high-res images are available, Lackey will download them correctly.

CrazyChucky

CrazyChucky

8/4/20

Added Mythic Edition, showcase frame prints for Double Masters, and borderless planeswalkers from Eldraine, Theros, Ikoria, and M21.

turtlelemon

Hey, the six new images from M21 don't download. Also, the masterpiece Teferi, HoD is so pretty I'm going to have to find a commander that can prominently feature him. Or just Rule 0 'cheat' and make him the commander. We already ignore the hybrid rule after all.

Also, why is Gunk the only token in the deck building zone and (I think) the only one with no image. I don't where you got all the other lackey token images, if that source has no Gunk, that part makes sense, but, I know its from a weird and fun mystery test card, but shouldn't it still be in the token zone? I mean, wouldn't I need to get them out of the token area so my opponent could shuffle them were I to play with the (hilarious) test cards.

CrazyChucky

Quote from: turtlelemon on August 05, 2020, 07:31:41 PM
Hey, the six new images from M21 don't download. Also, the masterpiece Teferi, HoD is so pretty I'm going to have to find a commander that can prominently feature him. Or just Rule 0 'cheat' and make him the commander. We already ignore the hybrid rule after all.

Oops! Fixed. Thanks for catching it. I've fixed so many possible errors by automating my processes, but I keep missing images here and there. I should figure out a better way of making sure that doesn't happen in future.

Glad you're enjoying the additions. : )

Quote from: turtlelemon on August 05, 2020, 07:31:41 PM
Also, why is Gunk the only token in the deck building zone and (I think) the only one with no image. I don't where you got all the other lackey token images, if that source has no Gunk, that part makes sense, but, I know its from a weird and fun mystery test card, but shouldn't it still be in the token zone? I mean, wouldn't I need to get them out of the token area so my opponent could shuffle them were I to play with the (hilarious) test cards.

Gunk... is weird. I debated not even making it, since it's not like Gunk Slug is even a "real" card, but I decided to err on the side of completeness. Some explanations:

• I generate all the custom Lackey token images myself. I pull the images from suitable existing cards/tokens, and the rest is from templates I've Photoshopped from the frames of actual tokens. It took a good bit of work to set up, but the generation is now all automated; when a new card is printed that makes a copy of itself, for instance, my script just spits out an image and I upload it.

• I initially decided not to make images at all for the tokens that are only made by playtest cards. They're not "real" anyway, and reading the text display in Lackey isn't that different from reading the "stickered" playtest cards themselves.

• I have changed my mind, however. While keeping them imageless works well enough for gameplay, Lackey doesn't know how to handle it when someone uses the "Download all missing card images" button, so it hangs up. This, plus my aforementioned desire for completeness, has nudged me to decide that I will makes images for them.

• That said, it feels wrong to format them to look like "actual" tokens, so I'm going to do a bit of Photoshop work and make them look stickered, like the playtest cards. No promises how soon I'll get to this, but it should be a fun look.

• The playtest cards, not being "real" cards, do some very strange things that wouldn't normally be allowed in Magic. Some of these are arguably even beyond what silver-bordered Magic would ordinarily do?remember these weren't playtested. The biggest issue, with regards to Lackey, is that several of them instruct you to create tokens and then put those tokens in a zone other than the battlefield. (They're not just tokens, they're token cards!) Not only is this usually impossible in Magic; it's impossible in Lackey. Lackey doesn't allow tokens to exist in the deckbuilder or in any game zone other than the table. If you drag a token to any non-table zone, it ceases to exist.

• Bone Rattler puts Reassembling Skeleton token cards in your graveyard, and Time Sidewalk puts Time Walk token cards in your library. Since both of these are actual cards that already exist, I simply added scripts to spawn those actual cards. In-game, you should remember that they're technically tokens as well as cards, but the fact that Lackey considers them to be cards means you can put them in your graveyard or library without issue.

• Gunk Slug is the odd one out. It creates a unique token card, which is not a copy of an existing card, and shuffles it into your opponent's library. One way to work around this would be to designate some card?say, I dunno, Mudhole?as a proxy, and create copies of that. The only other way is to create a custom Lackey "token" that Lackey considers to be a card.

All that said... perhaps I should add a summarized explanation on Gunk itself, so people who come across it like you have will understand why it's there.

turtlelemon

Sometimes I do not think things through. I can't tell you the number of times I've deleted a dead token by sliding it into whatever zone is closest, be it Hand, Library, or whatever. Like, I know that tokens can't go into other zones. That def should have occurred to me. A short explanation might be nice, but I do think most players are prob capable of being smart and actually thinking about it.

Also, I appreciate all the work for the extra tokens. For instance, without all the keyword counters Crystalline Giant would be unplayable.

CrazyChucky

No worries! Plenty of things that are obvious in retrospect don't always occur to us at the time. If there's one thing I've learned from this project, is that's UI-designers need to keep that in mind. (If there's even a 1% chance a feature could be misunderstood, and 100 people use your app, someone's going to be confused.)

And thank you, that's always nice to hear. I'm rather proud of my tokens, but by their very nature they're the sort of thing that's supposed to blend in and not really be noticed.

CrazyChucky

8/15/20

Behold: original Mystery Booster playtest tokens!

(I'm particularly fond of these two unsettling individuals:)

I've also added a number of helpful scripts to playtest cards. In addition to everything being able to make its tokens, we also now have:

CrazyChucky

8/16/20 (forward-dated by an hour to convince Lackey to update)

Minor update: fixed a glitch with Gunk's image file not loading correctly.

CrazyChucky

8/18/20

Added a draftable "pack" which includes a single draft-matters card from Conspiracy 1. Now you can add draft-matters to any draft in Lackey!

CrazyChucky

9/5/20

Added cards spoiled so far for Zendikar Rising, Commander Legends, and Commander Collection: Green.

CrazyChucky

9/11/20

The full Zendikar Rising set is added.