News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic: The Gathering Plugin Updates

Started by CrazyChucky, January 23, 2020, 09:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

I don't think WOTC is really forcing anything on anyone, except perhaps someone who was planning on playing any of these cards at a sanctioned tournament. So... probably no one. And I agree that some of them are probably reaching for it, but I don't blame them for wanting to rip a bigger bandaid off if they were already getting the most important one or two.

There are of course still plenty of images of the originals online, including on Scryfall. If I recall, I don't think I even deleted the Lackey-sized-and-cropped versions off my server. So yes, like turtlelemon said, if it's that important to you, you can change the ImageFile value back to what it was (which should be pretty clear from the cards before and after). If you've already played with them previously, Lackey will use your saved copies, and if not, it'll download them as usual.

A more permanent solution would be to rename and copy those original image files to the New Dawn folder where Lackey expects to find the replacements. That would persist across plugin updates.

P.S. Turtlelemon, you're a godsend for catching my mistakes, and SLD continues to be the bane of my existence. Uploaded the missing images.

BLOODWOLF

Yep, just had to change the pre-modern core sets txt file back to original and its still finds the images, thanks.  I always save my stuff to just a custom addon folder to add back in after comparing each file after an update so it's all good.

BLOODWOLF

Quote<pack>
   <packtitle>Alpha Booster</packtitle>
   <packkind>Booster</packkind>
   <packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>alpha</data></packcommoncrit>
   <packcommoncrit><field>Type</field><eval>DOESNTCONTAIN</eval><data>Token</data></packcommoncrit>
   <packcommoncrit><field>DraftQualities</field><eval>DOESNTCONTAIN</eval><data>notInPacks</data></packcommoncrit>
   <chance>
      <prob>100</prob>
      <kind>
         <qty>1</qty>
         <crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>R</data></crit>
      </kind>
      <kind>
         <qty>3</qty>
         <crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit>
      </kind>
      <kind>
         <qty>11</qty>
         <crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit>
         <crit><field>Type</field><eval>DOESNTCONTAIN</eval><data>Basic</data></crit>
      </kind>
   </chance>
</pack>

So in pack definitions 3 for the sets that have set-specific basic lands should the last <kind></kind> be:
Quote<kind>
         <qty>10</qty>
         <crit><field>Type</field><eval>DOESNTCONTAIN</eval><data>Basic</data></crit>
      </kind>
      <kind>
         <qty>1</qty>
         <crit><field>Type</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>Basic</data></crit>
      </kind>
To get the one guaranteed basic land in each booster?  But for expansion sets who do not have their own set-specific lands then I assume those would just be 11 C rarity DOESNTCONTAIN Basic then, correct?

###Edit: my mistake I just read where from 7th edition on is when they started to include a basic land in a 15-card booster pack.

CrazyChucky

No worries! And yep, that's the reason for the difference.

CrazyChucky

6/5/22

All of Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate is uploaded!

CrazyChucky

6/26/22

Added Double Masters 2022, as well as automated scripts for cards that surveil.

CrazyChucky

7/3/22

• Added tokens for Double Masters 2022
  • Improved scripts for manipulating the top of library:

• Several older cards that exiled the top card of your graveyard erroneously had top-of-library scripts ? fixed.
    • Cards that exiled the top card(s) of your library, without letting you look at them, erroneously had scripts to look at the top card(s) ? fixed.
    • Cards like Future Sight that tell you to play with your top card revealed now have scripts to reveal the card. (Unfortunately Lackey has no way to actually make it permanently visible.)

CrazyChucky

8/27/22

Quite a few things in this update!

New sets:

• Dominaria United
  • Dominaria United Commander
Newly high-res images:

• Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty
  • Neon Dynasty Commander
  • Commander Collection: Black
Other:

• Fixed Hideaway scripts. New Hideaway cards should no longer erroneously ETB tapped.
  • Fixed Mechtitan Core so that it has a script to create its token
  • Removed the (nonplayable) Celebration cards. (I doubt anyone's been putting 1996 World Champion in their decks.)
  • Additional Unfinity spoilers
  • New cards (and some newly high-res images) for Secret Lair Drops, as usual
  • Some of the Pride Across the Multiverse cards (Bearscape, Collective Voyage, Heartbeat of Spring, Sol Ring, and Mana Confluence) were previewed by Wizards with incorrect collector numbers. Scryfall doesn't have actual high-res scans yet, but has updated their entries to match the numbers on the actually printed cards. You might have to delete these if you've previously downloaded them and they start appearing incorrectly for you in Lackey. (If you added this printing of Sol Ring to a deck, it will disappear, as its name has changed to reflect the correct collector number.)

jsd1107

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you for the time and effort you have put into this plugin over the years and for picking it up when you did. I've been maintaining the plugin in for years and there's just one question that I have that has always tugged at my OCD tendencies and I apologize if it's already been answered in years past.

In the deck editor, I've always wondered about the difference listed between "known cards" and "cards shown." With the latest update there's a difference in the two numbers of just over 2,000 cards. I'm not nitpicking in any way, I've just always wondered why the difference? Are these super secretive cards that were only created and given to Wizards of the Coast staff? Are they rare one-offs that were printed and auctioned/sold to private collectors? When I first started using the plugin years ago, I thought the discrepancy came from having the "combine reprints" button checked, but the difference in numbers remains the same no matter if the box is checked or not. Or maybe I'm blowing it all out of proportion and it's just a coding glitch of some kind, lol.

Anyway, if you have an explanation, I'd love to hear it. If it's one of life's mysteries then I guess we'll never know. Either way, great job once again, and kudos for your willingness to keep it alive after all these years.

CrazyChucky

Hi, jsd1107! Glad you're enjoying the plugin.

First of all, "Combine reprints" doesn't affect what cards are shown in the "All Cards" pane; it only affects how cards are added to your deck. With it checked, attempting to add a different print of a card already in your deck will instead add the print that's already there. The checkbox relevant to the full card list is "Ignoring doubles", and checking/unchecking that will change the number reported for "Shown" cards.

That said, you're correct that leaving "Ignoring doubles" unchecked still has a discrepancy of around 2,000 cards. The answer is... those are all the tokens in the plugin. You can view a list of all of them in the pane to the right of the play table (which can be shown by clicking the + in the upper corner if it's hidden). They're not shown in the deck builder since they can't be added to decks.

jsd1107

Thank you for the explanation. Mystery solved!!

CrazyChucky

9/18/22

• Added Warhammer 40K. Some of its tokens haven't been spoiled yet.
  • Added a custom emblem for Karn, Living Legacy, since Wizards apparently forgot to print it with the set.

CrazyChucky

9/20/22

• Added the rest of the Warhammer tokens
  • Added a couple of newly spoiled Unfinity cards

turtlelemon

Not a fan of Unfinity and the stickers or has real life stuff gotten in the way?

Error downloading image for 2clb 931-934 and 1sld 677.

CrazyChucky

Honestly I'm a generally a big Unset fan, but I've really not been feeling Magic lately (and also yeah, real life stuff). I'll get around to it. (And the images too, thanks!)