A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic: The Gathering Plugin Updates

Started by CrazyChucky, January 23, 2020, 09:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

New (Full) Sets
  • The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth
    • Note: only mechanically unique cards for now. I'll come back and add all the various alternate/full art/borderless/etc. prints later.
  • Tales of Middle-earth Commander

Scripting improvements
  • Added scripts to Garth One-Eye so he can spawn tokens of Shivan Dragon and Black Lotus.
  • So uh... I noticed that Magic cards in fact pluralize "Food" as "Foods". Therefore I've changed it back in script labels.

RoleSmith

Any chance of adding the mtg arena digital cards to mtg plugin?

CrazyChucky

Like the Alchemy stuff? There'd be no way to actually use their mechanics, so I'm not sure that would be useful at all.

CrazyChucky

New Sets
  • Commander Masters
  • Wilds of Eldraine
  • Wilds of Eldraine: Enchanting Tales
  • Wilds of Eldraine Commander

Sets with Cards Added
  • Secret Lair Drop (I mean okay, this is pretty much every update)
  • Lord of the Rings: added all the various alternate art treatments
  • Lord of the Rings Commander: same

There are a LOT of new cards, and my server's been weirdly persnickety about uploads, so let me know if you notice any missing or corrupted images.

Quote from: turtlelemon on March 31, 2021, 08:38:26 PMThe search area on the left goes down in order of the columns, a fact you probably can't change. Because you've added enough columns, there's only room for one Text search. At least on my laptop screen, which isn't, like, tiny, the last option is the second Sound. And there are circumstances where it's really nice to be able to search for two different things on a card. So it would be really nice if you could move things like Draft Qualities, Script, Sound, maybe one of the Sets, to after Text. If there are people who like reading the text in the box instead of reading the card, they can still enlarge the column even if its not the last one.

I totally didn't think of it at the time when reading this, but are you aware that you can reselect which field any of those filters apply to? When you click on it and the "Edit Filter" pane comes up, one of the dropdowns lets you change to any available field. You can have six different filters in a row all search the Oracle text, if you like. The ones displayed at first are just default suggestions.

turtlelemon

Oops, I...completely missed that. That's embarrassing.

Anyway, I get Error Downloading Image for a bunch of Secret Lairs, including 731, 1347, and a bunch in the 600s. Also 1khm 406. And then it just stops downloading at 24.62 percent. I think if I type woe into set and scroll, I can get them, but yeah, the automatic is freezing. I don't know if this is just me, at least yet, as I don't live with the old roommate I used to play with anymore.

Thanks for updating!

CrazyChucky

No worries! There are a lot of things in Lackey and sometimes they're easy to miss. I'm sorry I didn't think of it earlier.

Not sure why those were missing, but I reuploaded SLD and KHM and I'm currently running a "download all" to see if it hangs up anywhere else.

turtlelemon

All of that is fixed now, but I get errors for the six new 'Universes Within' cards, Gisa's Shovel and all that.

CrazyChucky

Fixed! Huh, I thought when I woke up and Lackey was done downloading, that meant everything had worked. Didn't realize it just moves on past errors and doesn't mention them at the end.

Also I keep duplicate copies of Universes Within cards with both their official and flavor name, and apparently I accidentally didn't do that for Lucille. Will add it back in with the next update.

CrazyChucky

• Added Doctor Who
  • Added back the copy of Lucille that's actually named Lucille (in addition to Gisa's Favorite Shovel)
  • New SLD cards, as usual
  • Changed how "reversible cards" work to match regular DFCs, instead of counting as two different cards. Now the SLD cereal box and baseball card prints are actually playable.

WhamBamSam

Quote from: CrazyChucky on June 26, 2023, 05:40:45 AMLike the Alchemy stuff? There'd be no way to actually use their mechanics, so I'm not sure that would be useful at all.
You can't always perfectly recreate the mechanics, but you can adjust them slightly and/or honor system them (counters don't clear going from zone to zone, so perpetual is cleaner on lackey than in paper at least). I do use Lackey to playtest for Historic before spending real monopoly money, and it would be cool to not have to proxy and keep tabs open for cards that are significant to the format or the brew. Not a higher priority than Ixalan, obviously, but would be a nice QoL thing.

RoleSmith

CrazyChucky

Hey! Sorry, was rather preoccupied with real life. I'm back! Whole bunch of stuff in this update:

New sets

Sets with cards added

As always, let me know if anything's missing or not working correctly.

@WhamBamSam I think if I added them, I'd want to do it as a separate variant of the plugin, so one could opt into it, but by default the plugin wouldn't have them. That way people who don't even know about Alchemy wouldn't have them showing up in their search results and being confusing and unplayable. No promises when I might get around to setting that up, though.

CrazyChucky

Oops! In my previous update, I added the "normal" holiday additions to LTR, but I missed the five Jumpstart cards. Fixed!

Solstar82

hi i updated plugin but cannot find the fallout cards why?

CrazyChucky

I'm not sure why. They're in there. Try searching for the name of any given card you want from the set, or just search for cards belonging to the "PIP" set.