News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic: The Gathering Plugin Updates

Started by CrazyChucky, January 23, 2020, 09:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragostea

Lands(basic and nonbasic), creatures, sorceries, enchantments, and instants make no sound now. Searching through the library and pulling a card onto the battlefield still makes a sound.

All my sounds are on. I have closed and restarted lackey many times.

CrazyChucky

Quote from: dragostea on July 05, 2020, 02:38:39 PM
Lands(basic and nonbasic), creatures, sorceries, enchantments, and instants make no sound now. Searching through the library and pulling a card onto the battlefield still makes a sound.

I imagine you mean it makes the "generic" card-spawn sound when played from the library, but does not make specific (or any) sounds when played from the hand.
I'm going to assume that artifacts and planeswalkers also fail to make their sound, but let me know if this incorrect.

Could you please investigate my other questions? The help I can offer is only as good as the information I have.

Quote from: CrazyChucky on July 04, 2020, 11:11:31 AM

• Do cards in the deck editor list anything in their "Sound" column? (Each card should list its type, like "creature" or "artifact", or for basic lands, its name.)
  • Are any other sounds, beside card-play sounds, also not working?
  • Is there a ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt in your main plugin folder, and a a creature.wav, artifact.wav, etc. in magic/sounds?
  • If not (maybe something somehow got deleted?), have you tried clicking Update/Install to redownload them?

dragostea

Question 1) in Deck editor I see '@PT' for cards that are currently in the deck. In the bottom half of the screen for the same cards that are not in the deck, there is nothing in the sound column

Question 2) Not that I am aware

Question 3) There is such a file, I attached it to this post - there do appear to be sound files (which play) like 'island.wav' when clicked

Question 4) N/A since I answered yes to 3.

CrazyChucky

Thank you. That is extraordinarily perplexing. I don't know what '@PT' means, nor do I understand how the same card would have a different field value based on whether it's in the deck or not. This might warrant poking Trevor. Are you in the Facebook group? If not, I could post there so he'll see it.

turtlelemon

Haven't posted in awhile, so I have quite a few things.

Thanks for adding all the silly Mystery Booster cards! And a bunch of reprint sets too!

Do you think you'll add the Chandra Spellbook with the awesome fire arts? What about the weird Secret Lair stuff?

I hadn't really noticed it, but I'm not getting some sounds either.

Time Spiral Empty the Warrens is a broken image.

I know you only like to add one land image per set. But could you maybe add more of the awesome Jumpstart ones? Especially the Dino Forest, the Treefolk Forest, the Goblin Mountain, and the Bird Plains? But really, they are all awesome.

Not a big deal, but if its easy to change, when I use your new cool 'Play Command' button, it doesn't do the script for the card the way playing from the hand or manually from the Command area does.

Is there any way to make the back side of the double faced cards show up on the normal search? We just found out about It That Rides As One, for instance, a way to give Odric trample. I know they are on the token page, but the search there doesn't look into the text, plus it would be nice to have the searchabilty all together while the image stays in tokens.

Hope you can do some Find and Replace All magic on their decision to finally make Mill a keyword...

Thanks again for all you do!

CrazyChucky

Always glad to hear folks are enjoying the plugin! I'll see if I can answer all of these:

Do you think you'll add the Chandra Spellbook with the awesome fire arts? What about the weird Secret Lair stuff?
I've given some thought to such printings. Unfortunately I have little control over which printings Lackey chooses by default, such as when you spawn a card by name, or paste a card list into the deck builder. (It always chooses whichever set code is last, alphabetically.) I feel like Lackey should supply "normal" printings by default, and it's jarring every time it pops up an Amonkhet Invocation when I don't expect it.

However?now that I'm including things like Ikoria Godzilla cards as 1iko, thus ensuring they won't get chosen by default, it occurs to me I could do the same thing for entire promo sets. It will bug me a little that the entire set's set code will be inaccurate (1ss3 for Chandra instead of ss3 for instance), but I feel like maybe that's worth it. They'd still be easily searchable with "contains".

I hadn't really noticed it, but I'm not getting some sounds either.
The mystery continues. Which ones are missing for you? Is it card-playing sounds? And if so, do you have the same weird "@PT"/blank Sound field like dragostea mentioned?

Time Spiral Empty the Warrens is a broken image.
Hmm. http://magicplugin.normalitycomics.com/cardimages/tsp/152.jpg looks fine to me, so maybe your download was interrupted somehow. Delete it and try again?

I know you only like to add one land image per set. But could you maybe add more of the awesome Jumpstart ones? Especially the Dino Forest, the Treefolk Forest, the Goblin Mountain, and the Bird Plains? But really, they are all awesome.
It's not so much that I like doing that, it's that Lackey is limited in its ability to deal with the situation. Saved decks, for instance, are loaded purely by card name and set, ignoring any further distinguishing info. So you save a deck with the Book Island, and when you load that deck later, maybe you have the Mill Island. I've not done thorough enough testing to really be sure how it would affect drafted packs, either (which means I'm not 100% sure the double-common Wastes in OGW is generating perfectly). In the absence of feature improvement to Lackey, I'm not sure this is something I'm equipped to handle better in the plugin.

Not a big deal, but if its easy to change, when I use your new cool 'Play Command' button, it doesn't do the script for the card the way playing from the hand or manually from the Command area does.
Huh, I hadn't noticed that. I'm not sure if it can be fixed, but I'll try fiddling with it.

Is there any way to make the back side of the double faced cards show up on the normal search? We just found out about It That Rides As One, for instance, a way to give Odric trample. I know they are on the token page, but the search there doesn't look into the text, plus it would be nice to have the searchabilty all together while the image stays in tokens.
You know, that's a good point. I probably should add the back-side text to the main card's text, much like how I format Kamigawa flip cards and adventurers. Thank you for the suggestion.

Hope you can do some Find and Replace All magic on their decision to finally make Mill a keyword...
Oh my goodness, if I was finding and replacing through all these text files, I would lose my mind! Thankfully my automated scripts pull all card data from Scryfall, so yes, when next I update the plugin it will include all available errata.

turtlelemon

Responding one by one as well.

I've given some thought to such printings. Unfortunately I have little control over which printings Lackey chooses by default, such as when you spawn a card by name, or paste a card list into the deck builder. (It always chooses whichever set code is last, alphabetically.) I feel like Lackey should supply "normal" printings by default, and it's jarring every time it pops up an Amonkhet Invocation when I don't expect it.

However?now that I'm including things like Ikoria Godzilla cards as 1iko, thus ensuring they won't get chosen by default, it occurs to me I could do the same thing for entire promo sets. It will bug me a little that the entire set's set code will be inaccurate (1ss3 for Chandra instead of ss3 for instance), but I feel like maybe that's worth it. They'd still be easily searchable with "contains".

As someone who hates the Invocations, I definitely understand that concern. And as someone with minor OCD, I get being annoyed about the naming conventions. But a few them are soooo pretty as to be worth it I think.

Hmm. http://magicplugin.normalitycomics.com/cardimages/tsp/152.jpg looks fine to me, so maybe your download was interrupted somehow. Delete it and try again?

Empty the Warrens is indeed working now! Was broken for both of us, so prob was broken at some point, but now isn't.

It's not so much that I like doing that, it's that Lackey is limited in its ability to deal with the situation. Saved decks, for instance, are loaded purely by card name and set, ignoring any further distinguishing info. So you save a deck with the Book Island, and when you load that deck later, maybe you have the Mill Island. I've not done thorough enough testing to really be sure how it would affect drafted packs, either (which means I'm not 100% sure the double-common Wastes in OGW is generating perfectly). In the absence of feature improvement to Lackey, I'm not sure this is something I'm equipped to handle better in the plugin.

Oh, I see. Unfortunate, but I understand. I might look into adding like five files manually with the Scryfall image and just giving them some goofy name. Idk.

You know, that's a good point. I probably should add the back-side text to the main card's text, much like how I format Kamigawa flip cards and adventurers. Thank you for the suggestion.

You're welcome!

Oh my goodness, if I was finding and replacing through all these text files, I would loose my mind! Thankfully my automated scripts pull all card data from Scryfall, so yes, when next I update the plugin it will include all available errata.

Knew it was somewhat, but didn't realize your process was fully automated, that certainly does make things easier!

The mystery continues. Which ones are missing for you? Is it card-playing sounds? And if so, do you have the same weird "@PT"/blank Sound field like dragostea mentioned?

I moved this one to the end, since its the most complicated. Yes, I have the same PT in the deck, nothing in the search as they do. But the thing is I don't think the problem is with the sounds, but with the downloading somehow. I went into the set files and if hopefully the forum formats this well enough, you'll be able to see that there's nothing between Rarity and Text, other than the few cards with scripts. There's a column for Sound, but its always empty in the txt files. All the generic sounds (Shuffle, Roll, etc) do seem to work. If you tell me what they are supposed to be, I can try to add the sounds to a couple cards in the txt file manually and see what happens.

Alabaster Dragon   portal   por/1   W   W   {4}{W}{W}   6   Creature - Dragon   4   4      R         /ch   Flying | When Alabaster Dragon dies, shuffle it into its owner's library.
Angelic Blessing   portal   por/2   W   W   {2}{W}   3   Sorcery            C            Target creature gets +3/+3 and gains flying until end of turn.
Archangel   portal   por/3   W   W   {5}{W}{W}   7   Creature - Angel   5   5      R         /ch   Flying, vigilance
Ardent Militia   portal   por/4   W   W   {4}{W}   5   Creature - Human Soldier   2   5      U            Vigilance
Armageddon   portal   por/5   W   W   {3}{W}   4   Sorcery            R            Destroy all lands.
Armored Pegasus   portal   por/6   W   W   {1}{W}   2   Creature - Pegasus   1   2      C         /ch   Flying
Blessed Reversal   portal   por/7   W   W   {1}{W}   2   Instant            R            You gain 3 life for each creature attacking you.
Blinding Light   portal   por/8   W   W   {2}{W}   3   Sorcery            R            Tap all nonwhite creatures.
Border Guard   portal   por/9   W   W   {2}{W}   3   Creature - Human Soldier   1   4      C            

turtlelemon

Ok yeah, I found the sounds list in that ListofCardSoundFiles file you mentioned, and input them manually into random cards. All the sounds worked.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why the Sound column downloads blank. Hopefully, its a just a silly little thing.

CrazyChucky

The Sound column is actually supposed to be blank in the card files, and the rules in ListOfCardSoundFiles.txt should be applied automatically, so that you should see them listed in the deckbuilder (and, of course, hear them in use). I have no idea how it could be working for my plugin installation and obviously not for others. I've even verified with a clean plugin install, from scratch, and I still can't reproduce the bug.

turtlelemon

Oh, well in that case, something is awry with that process then. Let me know if there's anything you want me to look at.

dragostea

" I've even verified with a clean plugin install, from scratch, and I still can't reproduce the bug."

Should I reinstall? or is the situation so dire that I need to amputate?

CrazyChucky

Well, if nothing else, it could be a test to try. Rename your existing magic plugin folder, then install clean from the update URL. If it for some reason fixes your sounds, you can then copy over your saved decks (and even card images too, to save downloading those again).

But I'm wondering if maybe the ListofCardSoundFiles method is just unreliable somehow. I used to have the sounds listed normally in the card data files, and it would be easy to switch back.

dragostea

So, I amputated. It'll grow back, right?

CrazyChucky

dragostea

I re-installed the plugin and it did not fix the sounds :-(