Public test of the new Lackey. Test it out, if ye be brave...

Started by Trevor, October 11, 2010, 06:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Shadowmaster on October 17, 2010, 11:57:51 AM
When trying out my Smash Cards plugin, I saw the bot picture did not change to the one that my plugin uses. I also tried the Pokemon plugin (Which also has its own custom bot picture), and the bot picture stayed the same again.

Btw this is on Windows version.
Fixed.

Schwooby

Whenever I drag the new lackeyccg.exe over to my lackey folder, it asks to replace the original. I say yes to all, then try to run lackey and get "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Ideas?

Alastair

That's a known issue. Trevor has been working on it the last couple of nights.

Trevor

Quote from: Schwooby on October 17, 2010, 03:30:07 PM
Whenever I drag the new lackeyccg.exe over to my lackey folder, it asks to replace the original. I say yes to all, then try to run lackey and get "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Ideas?
Try this .exe, Schwooby.
http://www.lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGshouldwork.zip
Let me know if that runs for you.

Schwooby

TiamatRuler

I use the name ElijahWilkes on Lackey. Anyways, I got it working now but me and someone else found a bug. Dunno if it's just us or what but for some reason we're seeing different cards than our opponents are. We're using the Magic plugin and for example, I played Quest for the Holy Relic and they saw Acidic Slime. And they played Graypelt Refuge and I saw Quest for the Goblin Lord. Any ideas?

Trevor

Quote from: TiamatRuler on October 17, 2010, 09:09:37 PM
I use the name ElijahWilkes on Lackey. Anyways, I got it working now but me and someone else found a bug. Dunno if it's just us or what but for some reason we're seeing different cards than our opponents are. We're using the Magic plugin and for example, I played Quest for the Holy Relic and they saw Acidic Slime. And they played Graypelt Refuge and I saw Quest for the Goblin Lord. Any ideas?
How exactly did you "get it working"?

That "bug" where you see different cards is because you are not using the same version of the plugin. In other words, one of you has more cards than the other. Run autoupdate and relaunch and you should both see the same number of cards in the deck editor. I will make lackey give a clear warning about players not having the same version of the plugin. On the plus side, if you have a particular printing of a card in your deck, your opponent will see exactly the version of the card you chose rather than merely a card that shares the same name.

TiamatRuler

I'm sorry, I worded that wrong. I didn't mean that I got it working, I just meant that it was working now thanks to you sending me the other link. Anyways...I know my plugin is completely updated because I have all the way up to the most recent set. And they said that they had just reupdated the plugin to make sure. Also, it wasn't that they had the same name, it was completely different cards, dunno if that makes a difference.

Trevor

Quote from: TiamatRuler on October 17, 2010, 10:15:43 PM
I'm sorry, I worded that wrong. I didn't mean that I got it working, I just meant that it was working now thanks to you sending me the other link. Anyways...I know my plugin is completely updated because I have all the way up to the most recent set. And they said that they had just reupdated the plugin to make sure. Also, it wasn't that they had the same name, it was completely different cards, dunno if that makes a difference.
Cards are now assigned card ids, internally. Your lackey will tell their lackey that you have a card # 315. As long as you both have the same version of the plugin, your card 315 is the same as theirs. Please look in your deck editors and tell me how many total cards each of you have listed there. If they are the same, and you see mismatch names, there is a bug. If there is a different count, the person with the lower number needs to update.

Trevor

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on October 17, 2010, 11:55:52 PM
Quote from: Trevor on October 17, 2010, 11:35:04 PM
I'm still fixing some things. Soon.

Define "soon".  ;)
Some people have reported not even being able to launch Lackey. I am not going to release the new lackey as the official version with a major problem like that. I think it will be fixed in a day or 2.

Alastair

There's been additional bugs that prevent the game from even launching in some situations. Trevor is I believe, working to resolve that before declaring an "official" release of the new version and doing away with the old.