Public test of the new Lackey. Test it out, if ye be brave...

Started by Trevor, October 11, 2010, 06:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I tried making the new lackey the official release, but I had to revert back. I'll continue fixing bugs and make it the new official release as soon as I fix some issues.

FYI, the autoupdate for both the new and old lackey is now broken. This only affects Lackey itself. The plugin updating within lackey is still working fine.

Carabas

Right-clicking cards in a zone and choosing 'send to bottom of' sends them to top instead.
On a related note, cards that are revealed from Top or Bottom of a zone (in that little window) can't be right clicked to send to top or bottom of.

Carabas

Two more bugs:
In deck editor, load a deck with a sideboard, then select the sideboard tab
Then, load a deck without a sideboard. You should see the cards from the previous deck's sideboard
Start clicking these cards that shouldn't be in this sideboard, and lackey crashes soon after.

'discard X at random' puts cards into the graveyard, but doesn't remove them from the hand.
If the discarded cards are moved to a new zone, however, their duplicates in the hand dissapear.

Trevor

TheBuck

Can you give us any idea how close the new ver will be released? Looking forward to playing when people are actually on. You were close a few days ago so I'm hoping it wont be to long and I know I'm not the only one.

Ben_Lich

i currently have the 10/16/10 verion of lacky as well as the 10/14/09 version and every time i try to sign in on either one it says that it doesnt work, nothing about a server being down so how can i connect to the lackey server?

Trevor

Please test these. If enough people are testing these and there are no major bugs I will post this as the official version tomorrow. I will not make the new version official until it is tested, so please test these.

The links for the windows and mac version applications are:
http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGWin.zip
http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGMac.zip

Remember, to connect to the new server, connect to the server by IP: 66.65.20.193 and port: 25712. Remember, that is not the normal default server port the old lackey used. I will keep the test server online unless I post here. I will only take it down if there turns out to be a crippling networking bug.

GrandpasEyebrows

I downloaded the new version.  When I unzipped the file, I notice I still only have one folder (from the previous version) named "LackeyCCG" on my OSX mac.  When I attempt to browse the images/avatars file from within the new lackey, there are no items in the directory, and no items in the images/backgrounds or images/zonebackgrounds either.  I downloaded the latest Magic plugin and it works well, but I noticed the plugins folder containing the magic plugin is on my desktop, rather than in some lackeyccg folder like it is in the previous version.

heynow

I experienced the same problem as Grandpa, but mine also refuses to update the plugin. I've ran the update 3 times, and when closing the program and reopening it, it still won't let me in the deck editor or anything. When I reopen Lackey, I still see the same screen, with the same plugin loaded up everytime (lbs or something like that) I see no evidence of any of the plugin attempts working in the new Lackey, and my old Lackey (the beta, 10-14-09) won't even open.

Alastair

I know Grandpa said he was on the Mac version. Are you also using the Mac version heynow, or the windows version?

TiamatRuler

It seems to be working just fine for me. I'm on Windows. I won't how the play works until anyone else is on the server.

Trevor

Quote from: GrandpasEyebrows on October 22, 2010, 06:17:40 PM
I downloaded the new version.  When I unzipped the file, I notice I still only have one folder (from the previous version) named "LackeyCCG" on my OSX mac.  When I attempt to browse the images/avatars file from within the new lackey, there are no items in the directory, and no items in the images/backgrounds or images/zonebackgrounds either.  I downloaded the latest Magic plugin and it works well, but I noticed the plugins folder containing the magic plugin is on my desktop, rather than in some lackeyccg folder like it is in the previous version.
You put the new .app in your old lackey folder, right?

heynow

Got the 10-23 version, pics are fixed but my sound doesnt work. all the .wav files are in the folder. (on a mac osx btw)

Trevor

Quote from: heynow on October 24, 2010, 10:28:56 AM
Got the 10-23 version, pics are fixed but my sound doesnt work. all the .wav files are in the folder. (on a mac osx btw)
Did you enable sound? Your old sound preferences may have been reset.