News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Munchkin Plugin

Started by AdLit, February 11, 2011, 09:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdLit

Sorry for not commenting in this thread for a bit.  My computer was dead and then work picked up, so not much time.

QuoteI think it's a bad idea to have cards that should be on the table in zones off to the side.

I agree with you here.  I usually place my "one time use only" cards in their own pile on the side and look through them as needed

QuoteRegarding draw functions, remember that you CAN manually move a card from one place to another, so you actually don't need any specific card drawing or placing cards on table functions. And holding down control key will flip a card in case you want to drop it face down. With that said, if you frequently do one of those and want a function I can make that function work.

I agree here too in the sense that it was worth an "extra step" if you want to look at it that way, since it left less clutter in the button list.  I'm not against adding a function button to draw treasure directly to hand instead of face down to table. 

As for drawing combinations:
drawing from doors to hand<-- Done on every turn at least once if not multiple times
drawing from treasure to hand<-- Done on some turns, but multiple cards drawn at a time
moving from doors to table (face up)<-- Done on every turn at least once
moving from doors to table (face down)<-- This is actually not done at all; doors would go to the hand or table face up
moving from treasure to table (face up)<-- Done on occassion, and again multiple cards at a time
moving from treasure to table (face down)<-- This is actually not done at all; treasures would go to the hand or table face up

Again, I was initially thinking along the lines of less buttons for less clutter, so my thought was that if you draw to table face down, you can always send it to your hand or flip it over, which I didn't mind.  If you feel the buttons would improve play, go for it.

QuoteEffective combat total, if you really need that as a stat, is too long. Shorten it to something like total or EFT or something so it fits better.

I'd say not essential, but if you want it you do have to make sure you code the text for every card to include how much it would add to the total.  I didn't bother to do this since when you play the game in "real life" you have to calculate it yourself anyway.  I didn't feel like it was worth it to factor in for every card the attack bonus, especially when you start to get into the arena of cards with special add-on bonuses or situational bonuses.  I felt it was easier to just manually count it.

AdLit

Additionally, IceClaw is right; at least in solitaire, the TestDummy can't draw any cards from the deck that you load as Player 1.  I'm not sure how to correct that.

Iceclaw

Just a quick heads up to everyone, we've started communicating via PM, but I thought I'd post one last update to this thread:

It doesn't just happen in 'solitare' mode, it happens in any game with more than one player as well. (At least it did when I used it last night as updated by the updatelist) The issue mentioned is resolved with the plugindata I wrote above, but we'll be improving it.

Personally I prefer the buttons since it means I can map them to function keys for quick use of the action.

You only need the image or the text. Both is just convenience.

The counter is something players can use or not but I figured that can be the players choice and to support it at the plugin level. Its not that difficult to keep track of cards which provide an extra bonus in certain situations. If one applies, just note in chat when the combat occurs and move on. It's a 'base' of 'equipped+level' for you to start adding or subtracting one-shots to.;

I've got a habit of just adding the images first if I can find them for playability, and going back to the card text later when I've got time, or am in the mood to sit down and type.; For stuff where I just have card text and not scans, text's just what I've got. .

Gordon228

question any new updates that you could share? once it's done i will be happy as this is an awesome card game

AdLit

We're actively working on the plugin, with the goal of releasing it once it's as complete as possible.  We're working towards a comprehensive game both in content and functionality.  Our schedules have gotten a little tight lately so we are working a little slower, but in the next week or so we should have a lot of progress.

Gordon228

xanderg7

Here is my French Version Plugin I also scanned my own cards up to the fifth set but Lackey only allows me up to the forth. Problem i have is that my images are too high resolution and hardly fit the screen. Check out the plugin if you wish tell me about it. and if someone would like to send me the english version of the game up to the forth in english i'll make it work.

PLUGINVERSION:"1.0"

GLOBALSTAT0:

PLAYERSTAT0:"Niveau" 1

SUPERZONE0:"Porte" 0 0
SUPERZONE1:"Tresor" 0 0
SUPERZONE2:"reference" 1 1

ZONE0:"Main" 1 0
ZONE1:"Porte" 0 0
ZONE2:"Defausse Porte" 1 1
ZONE3:"Defausse Tresor" 1 1

PHASE0:"Tour"
PHASE1:"Charite"
PHASE2:"Fin de Tour"

GENERALFUNCTION0:"TRANSFERCARD" "Defonce Porte" 1 0 1 T -2 -1 U
GENERALFUNCTION1:"TRANSFERCARD2" "Piller La Piece" 1 0 1 T -1 0 T
GENERALFUNCTION2:"TRANSFERCARD3" "Prendre Tresor" 1 0 4 T -1 0 T
GENERALFUNCTION3:"TRANSFERCARD4" "Partager Le Tresor" 1 0 4 T -2 -1 U
GENERALFUNCTION4:"ROLLD6" "Prendre La Fuite" 1

CARDFUNCTION0:"MAKERIGHT0DEGREES" "Equiper" 1
CARDFUNCTION1:"MAKERIGHT90DEGREES" "Desequiper" 1

COLUMN0:"Name" 1
COLUMN1:"Set" 1
COLUMN2:"ImageFile" 0

CARDBACK0:"cardback"

Gordon228

well if you have red this topic you would know that it's being worked on for all the sets i believe.

Trevor

Everyone who wants to help with this plugin should post their email and CC everyone on the list when there is a change or when something needs to be done.

Iceclaw

I've got no idea why you can't add more cards, Xanderg7,If you're only able to add 1-4 and it wont take 5 something strange is going on.  I've got roughly 1900 english cards with no problem.

I'd be suggest forking off the foreign card scans/texts/UI into a seperate plugin. I do have access to some more foreign image sets, but they're practically useless to me. I'll be dropping you a PM Xanderg though about what we've got going so far, and try and give you a baseline so you only have to translate the non-card portions for consistancy.

We're currently waiting on a mass scan from a high-speed scanner so I can replace some of my really bad images. We've got a whole bunch of sets.