News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Munchkin Plugin

Started by AdLit, February 11, 2011, 09:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdLit

Ok, after reading your post and re-reading the tutorial i understand the alternate card back now.  Do you have any insight or suggestions as to why when I load the plugin there aren't any cards listed in the deck editor for me to add to the game??

AdLit

The only difference I can see from my files and the YuGiOh I downloaded as a model is that the text files seem to be formatted differently.  I created my carddata file in excel and exported as tab delineated text, but it doesnt look like the YuGiOh one...I created my plugininfo.text based upon the tutorial, but I hit "enter" between command lines, while it looks like the YuGiOh version did not....

Could this be the issue?

Trevor

You card data file didn't have any new lines. Each cel should be separated by tabs. Each line should be separated by a new line character. You can box select the cels in excel and paste to a simple text file if you have a problem getting things right.

EDIT: link removed

That should work. It seems like there may be a bug causing the alternate card back to show, and also the Draw function to draw from your Treasure deck doesn't seem to work right. I will investigate those. In the interim, you could just manually move the cards.
Do you have separate hands for treasure and booty cards?

AdLit

Trevor,

Thanks a lot for your help with this man, really appreciate it.  I've been trying to make a munchkin program for the past couple of weeks and just found this today, and I think Lackey is by far the best way to do it.  I'm sure you've got more things to do than just help me, so thank you again.  The cards properly show up in the list now when I load the plugin.  And from the looks of it, I would just have to select the individual booty cards to add them to that deck, and same for the treasure cards.  Thanks!

I had written for a Door Card (booty) hand, but I hadn't written for a Treasure Card Hand in the plugininfo.txt file since you typically would play your treasures on the table once you receive them; I suppose it could be written as a transfer-to-table instead of drawn to hand, but they would need to be transferred face down, since they would normally go to your hand first for review.

Trevor

Talk to me on AIM @ Lykos4 and we can polish a few things specific to the plugin.

Trevor

Talk to me on AIM @ Lykos4 and we can polish a few things specific to the plugin.

Trevor

The munchkin plugin was just added to the pluginfinder plugin list. Let me know if you find any mistakes.

http://lackeyccg.com/munchkin/

Iceclaw

Who is currently maintaining this plugin? At best it should be called "Munchkin Booty" (and its only Munchkin Booty 1)

I've actually got a far more thorough munchkin plugin back when the newest build was 10-14-09. Right off the bat if you're going to include some of the newer expansions you're going to need more decks. (and thus draw buttons). I'd be happy to send along my plugin-definiton to give you an idea of what I did.

Has  Munchkin 1-6; Booty 1;Star 1-2;The good the Bad the Munchkin-data (needs images); Fairy Dust-(images needing processing); Various Promo cards; The Iphone boons (which I'd probably strip out) Cluthlu 1-3 (images only, text not inputted seperately); Super Munchkin 1 (card texts only;images lost in hd crash)

I've got waiting to be added: data and images for the old Munchkin 7 (More Good Cards); Waiting for Santa; Santa's Revenge;Booty 2; Fish and Chips; & Warehouse 23 Exclusive 2010 Booster.

Does the new version of lackey support larger deck sizes before I go through the trouble of adding the additional cards? I'd love to play a massive blender game.

I'd like to get the data for Munchkin Marked for Death & Munchkinomicon ;Munchkinomicon would be helpful so I can add those draw-type buttons and the like for the 'Spells' before passing it on.

Edit: I wrote this thinking it was an extension of one of those existing Munchkin threads I posted in a long time ago. Perhaps it'd be best if we got in contact directly AdLit; Drop me a PM.

Trevor

Lackey should allow any deck size. Let me know if you have any problem and I will fix it.

Iceclaw

The deck contents now operate correctly at greater than 300 Unique cards per zone (which you 'load to you'). Which is wonderful! I'm still stuck with a 1000 images loaded maximum though; and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which cards are loaded with images.  Presently I have approximately 1500 unique cards to load for a blender game; I suspect increasing the Limit to 3000 will accommodate the rest of the cards I'm looking to add.

Iceclaw

Thoughts on the public plugin:

Needs to be a way to draw a face-down treasure directly to hand. (If you beat a monster on your own, this is what you do). Treasures drawn to the table should be face up *(if you got help, you have to do it this way so everyone sees what you got, and if the person gets any for helping, they'll select from these.);

Player 2+ can't draw the doors since they're not statically pulling from the first players draw deck.; Only the first player should be required to load a deck of cards.

What my plugin data is using:

PLUGINVERSION:"1.2"

PLAYERSTAT0:"Level" 1
PLAYERSTAT1:"Effective Combat Total" 1

SUPERZONE0:"Deck" 0 0
SUPERZONE1:"Doors" 0 0
SUPERZONE2:"Treasures" 0 0
SUPERZONE3:"Dungeons" 0 0
SUPERZONE4:"Fairy Dust" 0 0

ZONE0:"Hand" 1 0
ZONE1:"Inventory" 1 1
ZONE2:"Doors Discard" 1 1
ZONE3:"Treasures Discard" 1 1
ZONE4:"Dungeons Discard" 1 1
ZONE5:"Fairy Dust Discard" 1 1

PHASE0:"Knocking on Doors"
PHASE1:"Looking For Trouble"
PHASE2:"Charity"

GENERALFUNCTION0:"ROLLD6" "Roll D6" 1
GENERALFUNCTION1:"TRANSFERCARD" "1-Open The Door" 1 0    6 T -2 0 U
GENERALFUNCTION2:"TRANSFERCARD2" "Draw Door" 1 0    6 T -1 0 T
GENERALFUNCTION3:"TRANSFERCARD3" "Draw Treasure" 1 0 7 T -1 0 T
GENERALFUNCTION4:"TRANSFERCARD4" "Draw Dungeon" 1 0 8 T -2 0 U
GENERALFUNCTION5:"TRANSFERCARD5" "Draw FaceUp-Treasure" 1 0 7 T -2 0 U
GENERALFUNCTION6:"TRANSFERCARD6" "Draw Fairy Dust" 1 0 9 T -1 0 T

CARDFUNCTION0:"MAKERIGHT0DEGREES" "Straighten" 0
CARDFUNCTION1:"MAKERIGHT90DEGREES" "Rotate90" 0
CARDFUNCTION2:"EDITNOTE" "Edit Note" 0 .4 .95

COLUMN0:"Name" 1
COLUMN1:"Set" 1
COLUMN2:"ImageFile" 0
COLUMN3:"CARDBACK" 1
COLUMN4:"Text" 1
COLUMN5:"Bonus" 1
COLUMN6:"Slot" 1
COLUMN7:"Value" 1
COLUMN8:"Type" 1

ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE:"yes"

CARDBACK0:"cardback"

Now that Lackey handles multiple cardbacks, I suppose I should look into that :)

Inventory is designed to provide someplace to put all of your cards that are 'on the table' or 'equipped' because there's so little room on the virtual board when playing with more than 2 people.  I put cards sidewise to show they're not currently active.

Trevor

There are 2 people working on a munchkin plugin. That is bad. Talk amongst yourselves and coordinate your efforts.

2 different plugins for the same name will cause lots of errors and confusion. If you can't come to an agreement, talk with me and I'll cast the tie-breaking vote.

Trevor

Quote from: Iceclaw on February 14, 2011, 03:31:43 PM
Thoughts on the public plugin:

Needs to be a way to draw a face-down treasure directly to hand. (If you beat a monster on your own, this is what you do). Treasures drawn to the table should be face up *(if you got help, you have to do it this way so everyone sees what you got, and if the person gets any for helping, they'll select from these.);

Player 2+ can't draw the doors since they're not statically pulling from the first players draw deck.; Only the first player should be required to load a deck of cards.

What my plugin data is using:

PLUGINVERSION:"1.2"

PLAYERSTAT0:"Level" 1
PLAYERSTAT1:"Effective Combat Total" 1

SUPERZONE0:"Deck" 0 0
SUPERZONE1:"Doors" 0 0
SUPERZONE2:"Treasures" 0 0
SUPERZONE3:"Dungeons" 0 0
SUPERZONE4:"Fairy Dust" 0 0

ZONE0:"Hand" 1 0
ZONE1:"Inventory" 1 1
ZONE2:"Doors Discard" 1 1
ZONE3:"Treasures Discard" 1 1
ZONE4:"Dungeons Discard" 1 1
ZONE5:"Fairy Dust Discard" 1 1

PHASE0:"Knocking on Doors"
PHASE1:"Looking For Trouble"
PHASE2:"Charity"

GENERALFUNCTION0:"ROLLD6" "Roll D6" 1
GENERALFUNCTION1:"TRANSFERCARD" "1-Open The Door" 1 0    6 T -2 0 U
GENERALFUNCTION2:"TRANSFERCARD2" "Draw Door" 1 0    6 T -1 0 T
GENERALFUNCTION3:"TRANSFERCARD3" "Draw Treasure" 1 0 7 T -1 0 T
GENERALFUNCTION4:"TRANSFERCARD4" "Draw Dungeon" 1 0 8 T -2 0 U
GENERALFUNCTION5:"TRANSFERCARD5" "Draw FaceUp-Treasure" 1 0 7 T -2 0 U
GENERALFUNCTION6:"TRANSFERCARD6" "Draw Fairy Dust" 1 0 9 T -1 0 T

CARDFUNCTION0:"MAKERIGHT0DEGREES" "Straighten" 0
CARDFUNCTION1:"MAKERIGHT90DEGREES" "Rotate90" 0
CARDFUNCTION2:"EDITNOTE" "Edit Note" 0 .4 .95

COLUMN0:"Name" 1
COLUMN1:"Set" 1
COLUMN2:"ImageFile" 0
COLUMN3:"CARDBACK" 1
COLUMN4:"Text" 1
COLUMN5:"Bonus" 1
COLUMN6:"Slot" 1
COLUMN7:"Value" 1
COLUMN8:"Type" 1

ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE:"yes"

CARDBACK0:"cardback"

Now that Lackey handles multiple cardbacks, I suppose I should look into that :)

Inventory is designed to provide someplace to put all of your cards that are 'on the table' or 'equipped' because there's so little room on the virtual board when playing with more than 2 people.  I put cards sidewise to show they're not currently active.

I think it's a bad idea to have cards that should be on the table in zones off to the side. If you don't have enough room, zoom out and you will.

Regarding draw functions, remember that you CAN manually move a card from one place to another, so you actually don't need any specific card drawing or placing cards on table functions. And holding down control key will flip a card in case you want to drop it face down. With that said, if you frequently do one of those and want a function I can make that function work.

These are the combinations I know of:
drawing from doors to hand
drawing from treasure to hand
moving from doors to table (face up)
moving from doors to table (face down)
moving from treasure to table (face up)
moving from treasure to table (face down)

Of those, which should be included in the plugin, and which should be additionally included as buttons below the table?

You are doing the different card back wrong. See the other plugin.

Effective combat total, if you really need that as a stat, is too long. Shorten it to something like total or EFT or something so it fits better.

Text should be the right most column in your card data file.

TheBuck

When you guys figure out whos doing this plugin please posted the finished item in this thread. this a is a game I would like to play.

Iceclaw

As for the fact that we're both working on a plugin. I had the work done more than a year ago, I just didn't share it at the time. I pointed out some design differences and problems that I saw while attempting to play a game with the existing public plugin. 'Draw Door' and 'Draw Door To Table' rely on both users having card decks loaded, when only one deck should be loaded to play the game.

---

Effective combat total is so you don't have to keep adding up your static bonuses all the time, I routinely wind up with combat strengths of 30-40; while at a  level of 14-15 when playing an epic game.

CARDBACK is NOT a field for cardback images.  First, this was before the new plugin formats allowed for multiple cardbacks. Secondly, the field is used to determine which superzone you should be placing the cards into (and thus which pack I'm pulling the cards out of).

Doors to table never occurs facedown, all facedown draws are direct to hand.

Dungeons to hand occurs rarely and is done manually when it occurs.

While you can do all of the draw actions manually, why? I've got room for the buttons to do them, and it guarantees you preform them correctly for what you're trying to accomplish.