News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Suggestion: better messaging system

Started by Chindogu, May 24, 2010, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chindogu

I realize this is most likely by design, since more noticeable messaging is also easier to harass people with, but...it's really frustrating to see people that have your rarely played plugin loaded, and have no good way to get their attention.  So are there or have there been any plans to implement a lackey specific messaging system?

It's also possible that I'm missing an in game function that already does this. :)

netfirecat

one thing i'd suggest, use Yahoo, MSN, IRC, ICQ, AIM and all of us create a screen(or use the on we have) and talk on there. I suggest Yahoo cause you can create chatrooms specific to a game(last i heard). Idk if you can on the rest.

greasontim

Yahoo, Chatango
Yahoo I haven't used

Chatango You can make a chatroom no limit on people in it and the only person that needs a account really is the person that makes the chatroom, Everyone else can go without a name or a nickname of their likeing

Alastair

I prefer Ventrilo. Voice chat is so much easier than tons and tons of typing. There's a sticky thread with info on connecting to the Ventrilo server that we use for those interested.

greasontim

Oh yeah or Team Speak (limit of like 8 people on a free version server though)

Trevor

When you send someone a private message, they should hear a beep.

whizzerd

theres a beep everytime something is said in the lobby, it would help if private messages sent in the lobby would appear in game

Ness1066

I agree with this, actually.  Don't how hard it would be (or if it would be desirable) to implement a small pop-up box for PMs to players.  Note I said small, as it doesn't totally disrupt a person.

The beeping also doesn't get attention from people in a game, where you might need to ask someone to add a seat for you to watch while waiting for the next game of your rarely played plugin

Just Mick

If you're doing anything with the log, try to make it vertical :D

Also the 1000 lines thing, try to make it at least circular so it doesn't all disappear :-*

EDITED: The space under the card preview seems like it would be good for the log. The seats could easily fit where teh log is, and the phases could be layed out horizontal like.

Just Mick

You could talk privately via the server log if different types of messages were coded in different colors. So like a private message would make a louder sound effect and it would be coloured differently so it stands out. Having the server log visible when playing might also be useful to some people. Like a flexible divider bar between the game log and server log.