A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Dark Journeys

Started by Dragoon, November 15, 2009, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2009, 12:13:15 PM
Left justify card text.

Even Magic has shown that cards with little text (or text that won't fill more than at least a third of the gametext space) should have their text centered. I think it works just fine for the cards shown so far. However, sense it seems like it would take a mountain of text to fill that gamebox, increasing the card pic size might be a good idea. I think the "funky" font for the name works alright, and maaaybe for the type, but at least you have the gametext in a normal font, and to me that is what matters the most.

The numbers are getting easier to read too, keep up the good work.

Dragoon

Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2009, 12:13:15 PM
Left justify card text.

If you make the card text left bound, when there are not that many words, it becomes harder to read. The centered card text with not so many words makes it stand out a bit more..

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

Dragoon

Excuses for the fancy number fonts, am working on it..

Also notes:
- Purple number is stamina cost
- Symbols under the cost are the resource cost.
- Number in bloodspat is life.
- bottom left number is power
- bottom right number is armor
- bottom middle symbol is the resource generated if used for resource cost.

Cyrus

gotta smooth out those symbols so they aren't so pixely. actual layout is nice and functional though

Dragoon

Game discription

After the great wars against the Darkspawn, peace is still isn't preserved. Monsters and remaining Darkspawn still roam the world. For those bold enough to adventure, the dangers are great?
but so are the opportunities!

Each player takes the role of adventurer to travel through the world. During their travels, these adventurers will battle monstrous creatures, and complete dangrous task, to acquire enough valor points to win the game.

also,
Reworked the symbols..
UPDATE

Tokimo

I like the design of the shield more than the design of the armor suit for defense. I can't tell what the purple icon is supposed to be (before it was an eye, but that doesn't really map to stamina).

Dragoon

Quote from: Tokimo on November 26, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
I like the design of the shield more than the design of the armor suit for defense. I can't tell what the purple icon is supposed to be (before it was an eye, but that doesn't really map to stamina).
It's a boot. Also, changed back to shield

Dragoon

Gameplay

Goal

Each player takes the role of an adventurer, the goal is to claim thirty Valor Points (VP) before any other player does so. This is done by defeating encounters, completing quests, meeting characters or reaching special locations.

Card Types
There are six differnt types of cards.

Encounters
These cards are monsters and humans the adventurers play to stop other players in their tracks. When you defeat an encounter, you are rewarded.

Events
Events are things that happen. They can be played at any time and have some special effects.

Adventure
Adventure cards represent helpful characters and special locations you reach in the game.

Item
Item cards are useful things/weapons you find.

Quests
Quests are the major source of VP. Encounters can be used to destroy quests.

Skill
Skills are pernament things you learn. Some skills can be attached to encounters.

Resource System
The resource system is divided between two major resources: Stamina and Resource.

Stamina
At the start of your turn, you put the top card of your deck into your stamina pool. To pay a stamina cost, you put that amount of cards from your stamina pool into your rest pool.

Resource
There are three resources: Food, Magic, and Support. To gain one of these resources, put a card with that resource symbol into rest pool.

Turn Sequence
There are several steps during your turn you should follow.

Break Up
Put all cards from your rest pool into your hand.

Restore
The active player does the following:
- Activates any unactivated card he or she has.
- Puts the top card of his or her deck into the resource pool.
- May restore up to one cursed card.

Adventure
You may play cards and attack
Players may only attack encounters.
Encounters may attack players or Quests.

Rest
End of turn effects ends.

Note: Some cards have abilities with Adventure. These abilities can only be triggered during any adventure phase.
Note: Event cards and abilities may be played/used at any time.

Dragoon

Some card images, a skill card (Green) and an event card (purple)

aardvark

I like what I've seen. Look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Dragoon

Currently reworking the game, scaling down the card types and some other stuff.. (Items and Skill cards did the same, so I made into a single type.)

Tokimo

Quote from: Dragoon on December 28, 2009, 01:41:36 PM
Currently reworking the game, scaling down the card types and some other stuff.. (Items and Skill cards did the same, so I made into a single type.)

It might be worth considering how the flavor of items and enchants affect the game. For example, there are plenty of artifact and enchantment cards with negligible differences in magic, but it still helps the flavor I think. It also allows more specific threat cards vs general threat cards (destroy target skill vs destroy target item vs destroy target card I don't like).

aardvark

True, if there was one card in there even remotely Armageddonesque, it would be rather devastating. Destroy all X cards. Augh!  :o

Are you going to keep them in the same general family and then be more specific? ie. equip - item, equip - skill. target all equip cards, target all items, etc?

Dragoon

Quote from: aardvark on December 28, 2009, 10:58:28 PM
True, if there was one card in there even remotely Armageddonesque, it would be rather devastating. Destroy all X cards. Augh!  :o

Are you going to keep them in the same general family and then be more specific? ie. equip - item, equip - skill. target all equip cards, target all items, etc?

General type and a subtype. For example, Support - Item, Support - Skill, or just simply Support. Most cards will only care about subtypes, while there are some that will care about they main type. (Wrath of God)

I'm thinking of reworking the resource system, to make it more like Wyvern style.

There are six regions, you can include in your deck. You can put any of them in your deck. But many cards only affect a single reigon. (I.E. My Mountain region Goblin King doesn't boost Forest region encounters.)

Regions
Imperial Plains
Kell Forest[/b
Frostwind
Shattered Peaks
Deadmoor
Underdepths

Ripplez