iPad version of LackeyCCG submitted to the app store today

Started by Trevor, July 31, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

iPad version of LackeyCCG submitted to the app store today. I'm also deciding to stop referring to LackeyCCG as a beta. The July 31 is version 1.0. That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep updating it and adding new features and fixing bugs that are discovered. But I think it's been long enough and it's stable enough to be version 1.0.0.

A couple of new things in the July 31 version. One is a new way to edit a deck. While viewing cards tiled in the deck editor, right-click the top half of a card to increment that card, or the bottom half to decrement it.

Alastair

Trevor

Quote from: Alastair on August 02, 2014, 10:31:52 AM
I'm still waiting for the android version :P
Go buy me an android device then
;D
But seriously, if someone had experience developing for android or windows tablet, and they would make themselves available to me so I could occasionally ask some questions, that would be a huge boon and make me getting lackey running on those devices a lot sooner.
All I know is that all the libraries I used to make lackey are completely cross platform. I could even get it to run on playstation and xbox if I wanted.

Gordon228

well lackey can run on windows 8.1 then it has some windows tablet functionality but most pc RTS games do not work well unless modified to work with a tablet and i think lackey is no exception but i would just have the main lackey have an option for touch features as some laptops that have win 8/8.1 have touch screens built in.

Trevor

Quote from: Gordon228 on August 02, 2014, 11:54:18 AM
well lackey can run on windows 8.1 then it has some windows tablet functionality but most pc RTS games do not work well unless modified to work with a tablet and i think lackey is no exception but i would just have the main lackey have an option for touch features as some laptops that have win 8/8.1 have touch screens built in.
I put in a lot of touch specific stuff for the iPad specifically and it didn't occur to me that people with touch track pads would also be able to use it since I don't use a computer with one. I got unexpected reports from people about how they suddenly noticed the pinching capability.

Jynks

r0cknes

Can the Ipad version connect via lan?

Can the Ipad version play against a PC Version?

How can you install Plugins on the Ipad version? I know apple doesn't like people manipulating files on their devises.

Trevor

Quote from: r0cknes on August 04, 2014, 07:23:19 AM
Can the Ipad version connect via lan?

Can the Ipad version play against a PC Version?

How can you install Plugins on the Ipad version? I know apple doesn't like people manipulating files on their devises.
You can connect over LAN through LAN IP.
They are all cross-platform compatible with each other.
You install plugins using autoupdate URLs, the same as with the desktop version.

Arc104

I just read the great news and I am really excited! Looking forward to the app's release! Congrats on all the hard work you've put in to making this available to us!

Sinequanon

Trevor

I'm waiting to do an official announcement until I can get approval from apple to use the app store logo, but LackeyCCG is now in the app store.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lackeyccg/id905078017?ls=1&mt=8

On the iPad version of Lackey, there are 4 extra buttons at the bottom of the window. The first 3 on the left control how a touch is interpreted; a left-click, right-click, or middle-click. So if you want to move a card, have the left-click be active. If you want to open a right-click menu, have the right-click be active and touch what you want to right-click on. There's also an escape key, which is useful for erasing markings on the table (which can be drawn when middle click is active), as well as exiting various things that pop up, like when you're viewing cards tiled.

On the iPad, you can only install plugins through an autoupdate URL. I'm going to try to get more plugin makers to make autoupdate URLs. http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html#updatelist

r0cknes

Congrats Trevor! I truly am happy for you! I don't have an iPad, but a friend of mine does so I will make sure he buys it.

neverburnaclown

don't want to ruin your announcement or anything, so posting this here.

downloaded the app from the appstore, took some screenshots:
http://www.roosteredge.com/antihero/lackey/

this is on an ipad 2 with the newest ios release. the app itself looks like its zoomed way in, to the point where things are unreadable and multiple decks are inaccessable. there's no way to read half the pref options either. in portrait mode, it cuts off more of the text and options.

is there a fix to unzoom it out? on your lackey screenshots for the ipad, it looks like it's farther back than the one i just downloaded from the appstore.

but seriously, can I zoom the entire app out like...20 feet or something?