I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 02-16-12. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, February 16, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

http://lackeyccg.com/changelog.html

Added new scroll wheel shortcut for scaling. Hold CTRL+ALT+scroll wheel to scale cards on the table.
Added /scalesync log function to assert that all players have the same table card scale as you.
Added /spawnx function to spawn multiple cards at a time.
Added /exchangeclockwise (and /exchangecounterclockwise) log commands to let people exchange their hands.
Added /copyzonetodeckeditor log command to copy the contents of a deck zone to the deck list in the deck editor.
Added /copyzonetocardpool log command to copy the contents of a deck zone to the card pool in the deck editor.
Added an option in the packs browser window to genenerate and send a pack or random deck directly to a player's zone.
Fixed a bug that could cause games on the server to display the wrong number of people (and therefore appear to be joinable when they are not).
Fixed a bug that would make the Reveal X browser window visible when not in the game window.
Fixed a bug where Scaling mode (which is enabled when you left click the scale button) would not display a cursor label "Scaling".

Hopefully, the many new functions added in this build will let people do drafting from within Lackey. I tried to make the system flexible enough to accommodate all the kinds of drafting that CCGs I know of do. If you have a CCG that has drafting and the new system doesn't support it, let me know what functions are needed. Hopefully, plugin makers and users will make use of these new tools and give me feedback about how they can be made better.

I will post more soon.

fr0sch

Thanks for the new features  8)

I just tried a few things, but didn't find a good way for Winston-Drafting.
Just for explanation: Winston-Draft is a 2-Player draft format where you have piles of face down cards on the table and the players take turns looking at those piles and choosing cards from them.

What I tried to do: Loaded the packs to my deck zone, so no player can see it.
Moving the top cards on the board face down (by using the ctrl-key) and piling them up. Thats where I had the problem. When moving face-down cards around, the log shows me their name.
When I play the card face down from my deck, it says "fr0sch plays a face down card". Thats fine. But whenever I move a face down card, it tells me "fr0sch makes xy face down", so I know the card.

Trevor

Quote from: fr0sch on February 18, 2012, 06:50:33 AM
Thanks for the new features  8)

I just tried a few things, but didn't find a good way for Winston-Drafting.
Just for explanation: Winston-Draft is a 2-Player draft format where you have piles of face down cards on the table and the players take turns looking at those piles and choosing cards from them.

What I tried to do: Loaded the packs to my deck zone, so no player can see it.
Moving the top cards on the board face down (by using the ctrl-key) and piling them up. Thats where I had the problem. When moving face-down cards around, the log shows me their name.
When I play the card face down from my deck, it says "fr0sch plays a face down card". Thats fine. But whenever I move a face down card, it tells me "fr0sch makes xy face down", so I know the card.
If you can't see the zone the card is in, and you drag it face down to the table, the log shouldn't tell you what the card is.
If you still have this log issue, explain to me more clearly exactly how you went about loading the cards to your deck zone, and how you move a card to the table. There are many ways of doing each and none so far as I can tell make a log message that tells the card name. Is your deck zone concealed? Can you show me a screenshot?

Why exactly are you dragging the cards to the table? I know you do that with physical cards, but why don't you just take them from the concealed zone?

fr0sch

Putting them on the table works at it is supposed to be.
Just moving them around on the table causes their name to appear in the log.

The point in putting them on the table is, that for a winston draft, you need 4 seperate piles: All the cards you draft with start in one big pile, shuffled and hidden to all the players (I tried using the deck zone for this, which works).
Then, the top 3 cards are each moved to a seperate pile. Now Player 1 looks at the first of those piles, may choose to keep the card or not. If he doesn't, he looks at the next pile and so on. When he picked a card, he puts one card from the big pile to each of the small piles he looked at.
Doing this without putting the cards on the table would require 4 different game zones for the pile. And I don't want to add extra game zones for this draft mechanism, as it would make the interface more complicated.

I just figured out a possible reason why it doesn't work as I thought it would:
If I move a card face down from my deck to the table, it isn't actually hidden for me. I can mouse-over the card to see what card it ist. Maybe theres a setting to change just that (what would probably solve my problem)?

Saethori

Quote from: fr0sch on February 18, 2012, 10:21:40 AM
The point in putting them on the table is, that for a winston draft, you need 4 seperate piles: All the cards you draft with start in one big pile, shuffled and hidden to all the players (I tried using the deck zone for this, which works).
I suspect the reason the game is showing you these cards is because the Magic Plugin is set to show the identity of face-down cards to their owner, for the purposes of Morph.

An alternative option would be to simply use other game zones; you could temporarily set, for instance, your graveyard and exiled zones to 'visible to none', and, alongside your library and sideboard zones, you would have four zones nobody can see. Then they can be shuffled and revealed to particular players as the need arises.

Tbiesty

I've started seeing this as well.
Every time I move a card to a different position on the table, the log says "<playername> makes <cardname> face up."  This can get to be a lot of noise.

Trevor

Then, the top 3 cards are each moved to a seperate pile. Now Player 1 looks at the first of those piles, may choose to keep the card or not. If he doesn't, he looks at the next pile and so on. When he picked a card, he puts one card from the big pile to each of the small piles he looked at.
Doing this without putting the cards on the table would require 4 different game zones for the pile. And I don't want to add extra game zones for this draft mechanism, as it would make the interface more complicated.

I just figured out a possible reason why it doesn't work as I thought it would:
If I move a card face down from my deck to the table, it isn't actually hidden for me. I can mouse-over the card to see what card it ist. Maybe theres a setting to change just that (what would probably solve my problem)?
Plugins define if facedown cards are visible to their owners. I could make a log function for individuals to override this plugin defined behavior. You think it's worth it to do so? It would be pretty easy to do so.

I don't see why you can use the existing zones to accomplish this. I mean, you aren't using them for any other purpose while you are selecting cards, right?

EDIT: I just added 2 new log commands.
/hidemyfacedowncards
/showmyfacedowncards

Trevor

Quote from: Tbiesty on February 18, 2012, 04:46:24 PM

I've started seeing this as well.
Every time I move a card to a different position on the table, the log says "<playername> makes <cardname> face up."  This can get to be a lot of noise.
Oh, I see. I will fix that.

EDIT: Fixed.

fr0sch

Quote from: Trevor on February 18, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
Plugins define if facedown cards are visible to their owners.
Alright, I didn't know that. Thanks.

I don't see why you can use the existing zones to accomplish this. I mean, you aren't using them for any other purpose while you are selecting cards, right?

Each player only has 3 zones in the PlugIn I'm using. Each player needs one to put his selected cards in, and one zone is used for the pile with the cards to draft.
That leaves 3 zones left, one of player 1 and 2 of player 2. As the order of the piles is important for this draft format, it would be possible to do it like this, but not really comfortable. But maybe I'll just add a 4th zone for each player...

Trevor

Quote from: fr0sch on February 19, 2012, 12:58:38 PM
Quote from: Trevor on February 18, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
Plugins define if facedown cards are visible to their owners.
Alright, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Each player only has 3 zones in the PlugIn I'm using. Each player needs one to put his selected cards in, and one zone is used for the pile with the cards to draft.
That leaves 3 zones left, one of player 1 and 2 of player 2. As the order of the piles is important for this draft format, it would be possible to do it like this, but not really comfortable. But maybe I'll just add a 4th zone for each player...
When I post it you can just use the new log commands.

AaronRighter

I just used the updater to update my copy of Lackey and now it's giving me the error:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check to see if you need a 32bit or 64bit.

I'm running Win 7 64bit, do I have the wrong version?

Trevor

Quote from: AaronRighter on February 21, 2012, 01:50:50 AM
I just used the updater to update my copy of Lackey and now it's giving me the error:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check to see if you need a 32bit or 64bit.

I'm running Win 7 64bit, do I have the wrong version?
I don't think anyone else has reported anything similar. Can you run it in 32 or 64 bit mode or whatever works on your computer?

AaronRighter

Yeah I've been trying to run it as admin, I hit up properties and set it to various versions of Windows in compatibility mode, doesn't seem to work.

AaronRighter

I redownloaded the files, copy pasta'd my important bits and ran everything. Seems to be working =)

Jynks

Sorry if this is wrong thread, but I find them hard to navigate.

With the new tokens witch are awesome btw. Is there a way to place the text on the counter, or is it always in the center?