I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 02-16-12. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, February 16, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Tragic on February 21, 2012, 06:57:44 AM
Sorry if this is wrong thread, but I find them hard to navigate.

With the new tokens witch are awesome btw. Is there a way to place the text on the counter, or is it always in the center?
It's always in the center, for now. I could change that though, if it would be an improvement. You can control the color of the text over the image.

billylee174

Quote from: fr0sch on February 19, 2012, 12:58:38 PM
Quote from: Trevor on February 18, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
Plugins define if facedown cards are visible to their owners.
Alright, I didn't know that. Thanks.

If you set ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS on, the owner see the face down card by default (I don't know if your opponent does as well). In order to avoid this, it is necessary to add

<definition><kind>ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE</kind><value>NO</value></definition>

I hope that helps. I'm also reporting this as a bug. The problem with this is that you won't be able to see any face down image on the image preview on your left. Instead you will always see the default cardback. One last thing, if you include ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS:"yes" (as shown in the tutorial) you will be able to see face down cards and Lackey won't load double image cards (none of the 2 images).

BTW, if you put a face down card in your hand, it keeps all atributes (counters, degree turned, face down). Counters are seen not in your hand, but when you play that card again on the table. It would be cool I guess if the card gets the CLEARCARD status when it comes to your hand.

Thank you for the great effort involved in Lackey

Trevor

Quote from: billylee174 on February 22, 2012, 01:02:06 AM
Quote from: fr0sch on February 19, 2012, 12:58:38 PM
Quote from: Trevor on February 18, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
Plugins define if facedown cards are visible to their owners.
Alright, I didn't know that. Thanks.

If you set ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS on, the owner see the face down card by default (I don't know if your opponent does as well). In order to avoid this, it is necessary to add

<definition><kind>ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE</kind><value>NO</value></definition>

I hope that helps. I'm also reporting this as a bug. The problem with this is that you won't be able to see any face down image on the image preview on your left. Instead you will always see the default cardback. One last thing, if you include ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS:"yes" (as shown in the tutorial) you will be able to see face down cards and Lackey won't load double image cards (none of the 2 images).

BTW, if you put a face down card in your hand, it keeps all atributes (counters, degree turned, face down). Counters are seen not in your hand, but when you play that card again on the table. It would be cool I guess if the card gets the CLEARCARD status when it comes to your hand.

Thank you for the great effort involved in Lackey
Cards clearing when sent off the table is a preference setting in your preferences.

There are actually 2 kinds of card backs. One type is use for a different kind of card. For example, in monopoly there are community chest cards and chance cards, and they would each have their unique card back. The other type of alternate card back is a card back where individual cards have unique card backs. An example of this sort of card would be the double faced cards in the magic innistrad block.
So the same feature is being used for 2 different purposes. Card backs of the first type are not displayed while in game zones because of this. I believe they should work correctly otherwise though. This isn't so much a bug as it is a suboptimal use of the feature, and it could be improved but I'm not exactly sure what is the best method to do that. It isn't as simple as letting a plugin choose one of the 2 behaviors because some plugins use both.

Come to think of it, I think I might have come up with a simple solution. Everything will be defined as before, except a plugin maker can also declare a handful of card kind back images. If any card's back face is one of those card kind back images, then Lackey will interpret as a card kind back, as opposed to a unique card back.

billylee174

Yes, that would fine I guess.

In the plugin I'm creating each player's deck uses only 1 card that has 2 faces and it's always on the table.

Trevor