News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What is your favorite dead card game?

Started by Jerod_tb, June 29, 2011, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerod_tb

Hey guys what is your favorite dead card game and why. 

I Really liked Babylon 5.  It's so strategic and political.  The original rules said you were suppost to talk in the accent of the race you were playing, good times. 

So play along and lets keep this going.  Untill next time let me hear your best impression of Londo.
Jerod_tb

TheBuck

VS System.

How do you do an accent of a Pak'ma'ra ?

Cyrus

Star Wars CCG, easily. Not so into where it ended up heading, or moreso, I'm just so far behind that I don't have the time to catch up to it. Such an amazing game for so many reasons, its a shame more people didn't think so.

I'm also a fan of VS System and Middle-Earth by ICE

Muniz

Hi all

I also played a lot of CCG's, but my favorite is also Babylon 5. The mechanic of a game with 4 or more players is uniqe. You have the opportunity to use military, diplomacy, intrigue, leadership or psy to achieve your goals. With 4 or more players you can work together with another player to stop someone who is going to win or help the player with lowest influence to balance the game what with the right strategic can give you an good advantage.

Sooner i prefered Earth Babylon 5 Deck or Minbari Ranger. But nowadays i would try to play a Centaury Londo Intrigue Deck without Shadows. (I recogniced without Shadows its very hard). Best Deck i ever played was a Clark/ Nightwach Deck, very very powerfull.

The Games i want to learn are A Game of Thrones and Anachronism. But never found players nor a working plugin.

But thx to Jerod for the cool question here and that he also wants to revieve so called "dead games" very nice idea ;)

my regards,

Jack72

Universal Sighting System, the good times with this game. :'(

Playing as your favorite fighting game character was just awesome.

farseer

i LOVE the Shadowrun CCG.  Best played 4-5 people.  less than 4 was no good, more than 5 took too long. 

Also have very fond memories of Rage, Battletech and Star Trek.  Pretty much any solid multiplayer game allowing for beer drinking.  :-)  One on One ccgs got boring real quick like.  People take them WAY to seriously when they lose.

Ripplez

Frizzler

Netrunner.
But Netrunner is not totally dead, we played a World Championship at Paris this year with over 20 players and there is also some online gaming activity.
If somebody wants a game, send me a pm.

Spawn636

I really like the Harry Potter game I play that game allot. Also the Yu-Yu Hakusho game was an awesome game to bad I did not last that long.

dannynyc

shadowrun ccg. all those  trolls , dwarfs, hobbits, etc..it was mindblowing

in fact, that's how i got into this forum - surfing about it :)

Tbiesty

The Lord of the Rings TCG (Decipher) is my favorite.
If anyone wants to play (or wants to learn how to play), send me a PM or Email. :-)

Dr. Zaj

I wouldn't say it's "dead", but not a lot of people I know play it, it's the Naruto CCG. I really wish more people would play it on Lackey. Speaking of which, where is the update for the plugin! Set 22 came out a few days ago, and I want the cards. If you look at some of my posts from waiting for the MTG commander sets, I am quite impatient.

r0cknes

I am a naruto fan, but I do not have much time to play unfortunately. If I see you I might be up for a game.

I am a Jr. Member now too so I know how you feel Dr. Zaj!

dannynyc

Quote from: r0cknes on August 21, 2011, 03:42:11 PM
I am a naruto fan, but I do not have much time to play unfortunately. If I see you I might be up for a game.

I am a Jr. Member now too so I know how you feel Dr. Zaj!

you're like my brother, he adores naruto :) but i am more into LOTR