News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What is your favorite dead card game?

Started by Jerod_tb, June 29, 2011, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannynyc

i tried spellfire concerning i am fan of a dungeons and dragons. even bought second edition of starter packs, but didnt find enough time to get deeper into the game. :(

Ascent

Generally, games with a whole new approach to game play tend to be my favorites. All the Magic clones bore me to tears the way the original game does. (I'm looking at you, Yugioh and Pokemon.) Not that I don't like the standard card concepts.

So my favorites are Star of the Guardians/Wing Commander, Star Trek 1e, and Star Wars TCG, with Star of the Guardians/Wing Commander being my all time favorite. (It being the first TCG I ever played and not having played it in 15 years may have something to do with that.) It's unfortunate that I still haven't found anyone that has those cards.

Himalayas

Quote from: Cyrus on June 30, 2011, 02:14:38 PM
Star Wars CCG, easily. Not so into where it ended up heading, or moreso, I'm just so far behind that I don't have the time to catch up to it. Such an amazing game for so many reasons, its a shame more people didn't think so.

YES!!!

Cyrus

You play SW by Decipher? Want to play with some old school decks?

Himalayas

Definitely, I don't dig the newer cards, I like premiere the best.

magnaangemon01

I liked YuYu Hakusho (although they should have done more than just a tournament format. The Dark Tournament was actually only half to less than half of the whole series)

Dragonball Z by Score. That game actually had the feel of the show. The new one just sucked.

darkdrgon2136

I think the YuYu Hakusho TCG had a lot of good mechanics, and matched the way fights went in the show pretty well.

I think i'm the only person who liked the .//hack tcg, but I remember a ton of good games with it.

toyboy321

Vampire:the Eternal Struggle and Legends of Burning Sands ;)

These two games are very underrated. Vampire is more complicated to play than your standard tcg but then can be very challenging and rewarding.

Legends, in terms of art quality and card images is IMO still unbeatable... Amazing and rich world, with superbly introduced history.

toyboy321

Quote from: Ascent on October 01, 2011, 01:52:43 PM
All the Magic clones bore me to tears the way the original game does. (I'm looking at you, Yugioh and Pokemon.)

IMO Pokemon is not a Magic clone. In fact the game introduced some new mechanics and gameplay (which was later copied and followed in other games). Pokemon while not revolutionary is still a solid game...Personally I have nothing against Pokemon.