Main Menu

Sound Share Tutorial

Started by Trevor, November 09, 2009, 01:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Trevor

Have people tried using this?

Chris

Not yet, but I was thinking of giving it a try.
I saw that the sound files can be placed in the plugin folder, so you can package them to download with a plugin. But i don't remember if it is possible to include a file with canned messages with a plugin. So my question is: is it possible to use Sound Share to add custom sounds in a plugin to events that don't normally have a sound associated with them?

Trevor

Quote from: Chris on May 16, 2010, 11:34:22 AM
Not yet, but I was thinking of giving it a try.
I saw that the sound files can be placed in the plugin folder, so you can package them to download with a plugin. But i don't remember if it is possible to include a file with canned messages with a plugin. So my question is: is it possible to use Sound Share to add custom sounds in a plugin to events that don't normally have a sound associated with them?
Like what event specifically?
I think you are talking about things that aren't the "sound share" feature. If a plugin defines a "Phase3.wav" sound at plugins/MYPLUGIN/sounds/Phase3.wav" people will hear it.

Sound Share is the ability to play sound files to other players, and then they in turn can play those same sounds for people THEY play with.

munkbusiness

Seems like a nice idea, but it would be cool if there was a way to associate sounds with play in the plugin, so that if you play a specific card type e.g. monsters/creatures it would make a "summoning" sound. In that way you don't have to type out a filename for every action you take.

Trevor

Quote from: munkbusiness on August 19, 2010, 03:26:06 AM
Seems like a nice idea, but it would be cool if there was a way to associate sounds with play in the plugin, so that if you play a specific card type e.g. monsters/creatures it would make a "summoning" sound. In that way you don't have to type out a filename for every action you take.
If this were to happen every time, automatically, I think it would get annoying fast. I think playing the sound when you want the players to hear it is a lot better. And you DON'T have to type the file name every time you want it played. Just make a canned message once, and then click that button. Easy cheesy!

Check out the tutorial for more info:

bkitko10

Im playing mtg on a mac and card type related sounds have started playing automatically. it indeed got annoying quite fast. i turned card sounds off if preferences but now they make no noise which has the downside of sometimes letting plays slip by unnoticed if your not looking at the table. i would like to go back to the old card flip click sound. i cant remember if it was like the tap sound or the draw sound but it was much more pleasing. is there a way to revert to the old sound?

Trevor

Quote from: bkitko10 on February 02, 2012, 11:55:53 PM
Im playing mtg on a mac and card type related sounds have started playing automatically. it indeed got annoying quite fast. i turned card sounds off if preferences but now they make no noise which has the downside of sometimes letting plays slip by unnoticed if your not looking at the table. i would like to go back to the old card flip click sound. i cant remember if it was like the tap sound or the draw sound but it was much more pleasing. is there a way to revert to the old sound?
That has nothing to do with SoundShare.
You are not liking the feature called card sounds, and you can turn it off at the bottom of the preferences.

You should also read this post: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1439.0

bkitko10

sorry. I was confused by Monkbusiness' post. Thank you for the redirection.

kriss

I try to add sound + custome label + /function and i can't have 3 in 1 time.

!Mulligan!/f4 : ok
!Mulligan! (mulligan.wav) : ok

!Mulligan! (mulligan.wav)/f4 : doesn't work
!Mulligan! (mulligan.wav) /f4 : doesn't work
!Mulligan! (mulligan.wav);/f4 : doesn't work

so pls tell me how i need to write this !