News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Solitaire Play

Started by KwaiLo, April 19, 2011, 06:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KwaiLo

Yesterday I was able to play both myself, as well as the Test Dummy.  When finishing my turn, I would advance the turn arrow, and click on Test Dummy's avatar.  This would switch me to his deck, placing mine in the upper section of the table.

I did a fresh install today so that I was using the same plugin version as another BattleTech player, and I can no longer play against Test Dummy.

Loading decks to Test Dummy works, but clicking on his avatar does not switch.  Ending Test Dummy's turn and switching to myself in this way does work however.

I must have changed a setting, and can't find what I have done.  Ideas?

/Loaded LackeyCCG last night.  Great idea, great execution. 

Trevor

Can you send a screenshot of you clicking the avatar but it not switching?

KwaiLo

I tried a few screens, but they don't effectively show.  Uploading a video to youtube now, just taking a while tonight.

KwaiLo

Have a look xxxxxxx

(deleted video, no longer required as the problem is solved.)

Trevor

One thing that strikes me as odd is your Test dummy's avatar is blank. That shouldn't break the ability, but it may be and if so that is a bug, one I have never witnessed before.

I'm kind of curious why you don't have an image there. It would mean your installation is screwy, or you manually deleted the image at images/avatars/bot.jpg, or you put an invalid image at plugins/PLUGINNAME/bot.jpg.

Try fixing it so you see the bot.jpg, and if the problem persists, let me know.

Also, remember that clicking the turn advance buttons have nothing to do with switching control of the bot.

KwaiLo

I found (find) the bot pic very creepy, so I deleted it.  Put it back in at your suggestion, and voila, it worked.

I'm going to find a better pic and rename it.  :)

I'm also on a quest to continue breaking your software now.

Trevor

Quote from: KwaiLo on April 20, 2011, 12:00:34 AM
I found (find) the bot pic very creepy, so I deleted it.  Put it back in at your suggestion, and voila, it worked.

I'm going to find a better pic and rename it.  :)

I'm also on a quest to continue breaking your software now.
Ha ha. I just did a quick internet search a while ago for robot or android and that pic came up. I meant it to be temporary, but I haven't found a better pic yet.

Now that I know what the issue is caused by, I will fix the bug so you won't need to have an image there.

On a side note, a lot of people who report bugs balk when I request a screenshot. "I do X and it does Y! What do you need a screenshot for?!"
Screenshots, and especially video, are enormously helpful. With a program as complicated as lackey, so many things up or down the chain can go wrong, and a picture is full of diagnostic information. I can't ask a billion questions (nor would I have thought to ask if the avatar image was loaded in this case). Without a screenshot, I wouldn't have been able to find this bug.