News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Hello and ... help?

Started by anomie, April 12, 2011, 01:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anomie

Hi,

I've never played online using a program like Lackey, but would like to, since I don't really have any people to play with other than going to FNM and I'd like to play more than once a week (without dumping money into buying digital objects ...)

Is there a general writeup of the best way to do various things while playing Magic? An etiquette/howto guide for someone whose never played using a program like this? I've been messing around in the solitaire and I think I have the hang of how to do things like preordain and fetchlands, but I don't really want to just jump into a game and annoy someone to death with ineptness.

Alternatively, if someone would be willing to put up with playing with me and helping me out while I get the hang of using the program ... I can probably play a little later tonight (maybe at or after 7 central U.S. time), that would be great (assuming someone is willing).

TheBuck

Tons of people play MTG on lackey so you're in luck. I think the best thing to do is just hop on and tell people you are new to the lackey and want to learn how to use it. You will find a lot of people who are willing help out a new person.

Firelord

If you see me online, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to play you and help you with the features.
Welcome to the Lackey community!

anomie

Firelord - Thanks for the welcome, the schooling, and the beating :)

Firelord

Quote from: anomie on April 12, 2011, 08:44:38 PM
Firelord - Thanks for the welcome, the schooling, and the beating :)

We had a great time, didn't we? ;)
Hey, like I said when you left... anytime, man! It's my pleasure.

anomie

Indeed.

I played a few more games and lost all but one - because I do silly things like not slagstorm when I should and pass the turn w/out actually using the Jace I just dropped (and that ... was the game I won). I'm sure I'll get better. :)

I'll see if I can catch you on tomorrow.