News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New idea for player feedback

Started by Trevor, March 31, 2011, 05:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I am thinking about adding a feature for player feedback. People will be able to give a thumbs up or thumbs down rating to people. People YOU mark as thumbs up will be showed to you next to their names. Same with people you thumbs down.
But, and here's the interesting thing, you will also see a separate rating for the average rating everyone has given that person. So if you see that 10 people have thumb's downed a person, you can avoid them. If you see people have thumbs upped a person, you can choose to play with them. This is done to foster better conduct and accountability. It people are jerks, cheat, or do other bad stuff, they won't be able to do it with at least some repercussions.

Some specifics:
These rankings will be made and stored on the server, and they will be done with a player's IP address so they can't just changed their name.
You can change your feedback (from thumbs up or thumbs down) if you change your mind.
Only people who register will be able to have their markings shared. This prevents people from creating aliases to cheat the ranking system.
The rankings don't actually mean anything, but people can use it as a guide for what games they want to join.

This feature will function as both a buddy list and a community feedback aggregator.

Iceclaw

I like this idea.. Is player registration working?

Trevor

Soltir

Cool idea, Lackey needs this. At least I agree with it.

Fian

Just thinking numbers here, but you may want to add either a minimum number of votes before it shows or show the number of votes to get a bit of persepective.

Trevor

Quote from: Fian on April 03, 2011, 01:05:40 PM
Just thinking numbers here, but you may want to add either a minimum number of votes before it shows or show the number of votes to get a bit of persepective.
That was the idea.

AdLit

When you say "register" you mean here on the forum, or is there a registration process for the server? All I saw for the server was a slot to put in your name, email, etc.

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on April 06, 2011, 06:30:12 PM
When you say "register" you mean here on the forum, or is there a registration process for the server? All I saw for the server was a slot to put in your name, email, etc.
I mean purchase the premium version which includes a number of extra features. I will post more about this as soon as things are finalized. Without registering, you will still be able to make your personal settings, but only registered users will be able to share their player feedback.

AdLit

Ah, OK, so there is a yet to be released version that will include additional features?

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on April 06, 2011, 07:07:56 PM
Ah, OK, so there is a yet to be released version that will include additional features?
Yes. It's actually the version you have, but things need to be enabled. I'll provide a list of the new premium only features later. As far as the player feedback feature, this needs to be done with registration otherwise people can manipulate it. I suppose people could still manipulate things if they bought multiple copies, but if they want to do that, I'm fine with it. :)

d3vtr0n

do you have any idea how much the premium lackey will cost?
and will it be a one time fee, or yearly/monthly fee?

Trevor

Quote from: d3vtr0n on April 09, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
do you have any idea how much the premium lackey will cost?
and will it be a one time fee, or yearly/monthly fee?
$20, a 1 time fee.

TheBuck

What's the premium going to have that the free one wont?

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on April 10, 2011, 02:58:21 PM
What's the premium going to have that the free one wont?
I will detail that later.

Picks-at-Flies

The privilege of knowing you're subsidising the cost of Lackey :)