News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Ragequitters. We all love em...

Started by Alash, March 10, 2011, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alash

This is not a request for ban or anything, but rather an invitation to anyone to share their experiences with ragequitters, whiners, screamers and what else you might have faced. These kind of people crack me up every single time.

Trevor

institute

[begin rant]Ignoring this particular instance (because digimon is a jerk anyway), I think complaining about "rage-quitters" is just another form of magic bragging.

On numerous occasions I have been accused of "rage-quitting" after saying "I concede", "gg", "thx for the match", etc. On other occasions, I have left games because the opponent is being obtuse, overly vulgar or otherwise ignorant and does not listen to my attempts to get them to cool it.

Perhaps, more pertinent to a post by Alash, many players who are massive spikes and play the most tuned decks possible, constantly bewail "rage-quitters" because they have accomplished exactly what they intended in the first place: beating and demoralizing their opponents. I am not a bad player and have a few Spikish tendencies, myself, but I hate players who love humiliating their opponents and then complain if their opponent?who might be young, new to magic, or just looking for a fun game?decides to leave the scene where they are being picked upon by a bully. [end rant]

Alash

Quote from: institute on March 11, 2011, 02:58:48 PM
I think complaining about "rage-quitters" is just another form of magic bragging.

I have lost plenty of games to what most would call rage-quitting material, so I don't see the connection there. Besides, this thread is as far from complaining as it gets. Sometimes it's decent people gone sour because of bad luck, a bad day, or maybe just a bad vibe (I too have been pissed playing Magic), but most of the time these people are genuinely just obnoxious. You can either be annoyed by it or amused by it. I choose the latter.

papi

thanks demonic. apperently being foggy-headed right after waking up and apologizing for my mistake is rage-quitting...huh, news to me lol.