I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 03-08-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, March 08, 2011, 05:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I did a number of fixes in this. I hope I didn't cause any new bugs with the many changes I did. I probably did, so let me know about them so I can fix them quickly.

Things I worked on that may have been broken:
menus
autoupdate (plugin updater)
download all missing card images
multiple card backs
sorting decks

Note that I don't THINK I introduced any errors, but just be mindful when you test.
If you notice any bugs in this build, please let me know.

EDIT: I am aware of the disconnect bug and I am fixing it ASAP. I will post a new version and another post here soon.

Trevor

Shortly after I posted, I realized there was a major bug that caused people to get disconnected from the server after a few seconds. I posted a fix, so if you downloaded today earlier than 7:20PM EST, you should download. Otherwise, you will notice really annoying disconnects.

Autoupdate should work, but if you JUST updated during that narrow window of time, you may need to clear your internet cache or manually update.

Trevor

JaceWho?

I just downloaded the update and when I try and run lackey my norton anti-virus reads it as a virus and deletes the .exe file.  I put the previous version .exe file back and lackey boots fine only I cant join a server.  Please help I need my Magic fix!  LOL

Bob the Builder

Dont know if this is a bug or the server is down, but i tryed direct connection and by clicking connect with IP and i get the error connecting to server message

Alesk

Hello - thanks for this great soft

Issue tonight even after updating to latest version:
[21:41:50]   Attempting to connect to server...
[21:41:57]   There was an error connecting to the server. Shucks.

Have a nice day

JaceWho?

alesk what are u complaining about for?  The software is free.  You don't have to pay anything for anything unlike MTGO.  You should really pick your battles or go somewhere else w/that noise.

Alesk

Hello again
I am not complaining, this is a forum where developers expect to have feedback on their deliveries, at least this is what I understood.
Sorry for the misunderstanding
and by the way I think issue was on my side, I solved it by deleting the serverlist.txt file. If this can help for other users...

Bob the Builder

did you delete it then reupdate lackey.. or just delete and not update Lackey..?

JaceWho?

No problem.  Fixed my issue by turning off Norton settings updating then turning back on.  It was saying it was a suspicous program cause it was so new and not many norton users have used it.  Easy fix

emeralds

apparently it has "encoutered an illegal instruction" when I go to open it. I'm wondering how to fix this...

Alesk

Quote from: Bob the Builder on March 09, 2011, 03:38:45 PM
did you delete it then reupdate lackey.. or just delete and not update Lackey..?
Juste deleted it, no update.
Actually tthe sequence of the "bug" was for me:
- first launched Lackey (previous version of beg March or end Feb I think)
- tried to get server list - did not work because my internet connection needed a login/password
I understood this was the reason having a look at the serverlist.txt
- then updated Lackey
- tried again => did not work although serverlist.txt looked fine
- deleted serverlist.txt
- tried again and succeeded  ???

j0n4t

First, I like to thanks for the awesome program. It?s very cool!

I think i found a bug in the new version:

The card viewer is covered in part by the card list background, and the same for some filters in deck editor.

I expect this program will improve even better than is already are!
Thanks for the good work and keep up!

PS: Sorry the bad english, i am brazilian. :)

Trevor

Quote from: j0n4t on March 10, 2011, 12:53:32 PM
First, I like to thanks for the awesome program. It?s very cool!

I think i found a bug in the new version:

The card viewer is covered in part by the card list background, and the same for some filters in deck editor.

I expect this program will improve even better than is already are!
Thanks for the good work and keep up!

PS: Sorry the bad english, i am brazilian. :)
I'm not sure what plugin, or version of the plugin you have, but I think you will be able to set things to your liking by resizing the windows. There are little bars between windows that you can drag.

Trevor