News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Hosting without Proxy...

Started by Timo, February 23, 2011, 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timo

Hey! LackeyCCG is coming a long great. Other then various Server problems, the last few updates have been good.

The "Test if you can host without proxy..." is a great idea, but there are some problems:

- It doesn't work. It doesn't detect my open ports.

- It doesn't allow for Local Area Network games.

Not being able to make direct connections to play Locally is a pain, particularly when the Server is acting up.

Trevor

At present, it doesn't detect which ports you have open. Rather, you tell it what port to use, and it tests that port.

If you are on a LAN, you don't need to connect to the server at all. Host, and have your opponent connect to your LAN IP. The proxy need test is a test to see if other people (off your LAN) can connect to you.

Timo

Thanks Trevor for the quick response,

I could be missing something, but it won't let me host a non-proxy game unless the port access test is successful. Port checking is a great feature, I'm just suggesting it be optional not required.

Is there still a way to turn off Auto-Sort in the Deck Editor?

Thanks,
Tim

Trevor

Quote from: Timo on February 24, 2011, 08:48:45 AM
Thanks Trevor for the quick response,

I could be missing something, but it won't let me host a non-proxy game unless the port access test is successful. Port checking is a great feature, I'm just suggesting it be optional not required.

Is there still a way to turn off Auto-Sort in the Deck Editor?

Thanks,
Tim
If you can ONLY host a normal game with people on your LAN, either:
Don't use the server at all, and directly connect by IP to your opponent on your LAN
or
Use the server and use proxy server.

I will back add the ability to free sort decks, but Im going to hide the option in the preferences some place.

Alastair

You need both TCP/IP and UDP forwarded on the lackey ports to be able to host a normal game.