News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Shuffle a subset of a deck

Started by Iceclaw, February 15, 2011, 01:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceclaw

Is there any way to accomplish this or work around it? I've got a single card that if you fail to overcome it, goes back into a specific deck randomly within the 1st 20 cards (basically, you draw 19 cards from the top, add the card, shuffle those 20, place the newly shuffled contents on top of the original stack).

The premise is, you face the card at some 'random' point in the near future.

Trevor

That seems really inelegant card design. To accomplish this in lackey, there is a number of ways it could be done.

You could drag the top 20 cards from your deck into a concealed zone, add the card to that, shuffle that, then move all the cards back to the deck.

Iceclaw

I was wrong, technically its 10 cards. Inelegant or not;
"Failing to Kill the Sparkly Good Fairy If you can?t defeat the SGF, she does not vanish. she?ll be back soon. Take the top 10Door cards, shuffle the SGF with them, and put them back on top of the Door deck."

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/fairydust/fairy_rules.pdf

Creating a superzone to conceal and deal with this somewhat rare problem seems wasteful.; Not to mention the fact that I'm up on the limit to the number of superzones.. at least I used to be.; I suppose I could simply use one of the players zones who doesn't have a deck loaded though and draw manually until the cards are used.

Trevor

I wasn't talking about creating a superzone to deal with this. I was talking about using an existing zone to deal with it. Or you might want to add a general purpose zone called "Removed", "Other", or "Aside" that can be used for that sort of thing.