News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Same Name Cards

Started by Thelovebus, February 08, 2011, 12:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thelovebus

So I am making a plugin and a lot of the cards share the same name. In deck editor they come up with different pictures and game text like they should but when i add them to the deck whichever one I add first is the only one it will add it just keeps adding copies of that card instead of a new card. Is there anyway besides changing the name (There are a ton of cards with same name) around this?

Trevor

The best solution is to make all unique cards (reprints are fine) have unique names. There are many ways to force the names to be unique, such as:

Trevor (A)
Trevor (B)

Trevor [set1]
Trevor [set2]

Trevor, 001
Trevor, 002

and so on.

The reason card names should be unique is a name identifies what the card is, so if 2 different cards share the same name, there is ambiguity.

Thelovebus

Yeah the problem is this game has a bunch of cards with the same name that have different text and do different things not reprints.

Picks-at-Flies

I know Mythos did that, and so did Babylon 5 for that matter (/how/ many different "Delenn"s were there?).  The answer is to do what Trevor suggested, give them different name variants in lackey.