I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 01-15-11

Started by Trevor, January 14, 2011, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

The new one includes the ability for plugins to have cards with multiple backs, and also tokens.

Report bugs here.

visualbasicwizard

Two things:
1. You cannot do anything with face-down cards in any zone.  All it tries to do is rubber-band select them.
2. The card images on the table are at least 2x as large as they were before the update, and there's no way to make them smaller.  Zooming does not work.

Alastair

I'm not having any trouble with manipulating face down cards using the magic plugin and the 1-15-11 version of lackey, windows 7 64bit. Nor have any of the image sizes changed for me. The zoom function still works as well. Assuming you're also on the latest version, it seems like there might be a more specific problem.

visualbasicwizard

I just updated it when the server kicked us a moment ago. Everything was working fine before that.

Alastair

Ok, after some additional testing it seems that the report is accurate as it pertains to hidden zones. Cards can be manipulated fine in hand and graveyard, but can not be moved from the deck for example.

Trevor

Quote from: visualbasicwizard on January 14, 2011, 11:04:02 PM
Two things:
1. You cannot do anything with face-down cards in any zone.  All it tries to do is rubber-band select them.
2. The card images on the table are at least 2x as large as they were before the update, and there's no way to make them smaller.  Zooming does not work.
1. Fixed. Posting fix in a few minutes.
2. That is the new default size. There are many ways to zoom out if you do indeed need more space. Scroll wheel while mouse over the table is one way.

Trevor

dialectric

Quote. The card images on the table are at least 2x as large as they were before the update, and there's no way to make them smaller.  Zooming does not work.

2. That is the new default size. There are many ways to zoom out if you do indeed need more space. Scroll wheel while mouse over the table is one way.

What are the other ways? There does not seem to be a setting in settings -> appearance settings which affects card zoom directly. Playmat zoom will zoom the cards, but does not affect the zoom percentage visible in the bar above the table.

- dialectric

Trevor

Quote from: dialectric on January 15, 2011, 10:55:28 AM
Quote. The card images on the table are at least 2x as large as they were before the update, and there's no way to make them smaller.  Zooming does not work.

What are the other ways? There does not seem to be a setting in settings -> appearance settings which affects card zoom directly. Playmat zoom will zoom the cards, but does not affect the zoom percentage visible in the bar above the table.

- dialectric
That is the new 100%, and nothing will change that. You can zoom in or out as much now as you always could though.
You can hit the zoom button and click drag to zoom in that way in addition to scroll wheel zooming.

CWheezy

When I try to host a non proxy game, when someone tries to join my lackey client crashes

Trevor

Quote from: CWheezy on January 21, 2011, 04:15:24 AM
When I try to host a non proxy game, when someone tries to join my lackey client crashes
Is that repeatable? Does it only happen with specific people?
Mac or windows? Any error message? Does the crash happen immediately upon someone connecting? Are you and your opponent using the newest Lackey?

CWheezy

Quote from: Trevor on January 21, 2011, 04:38:42 AM
Is that repeatable?
Yes happened 100% of the time.
Does it only happen with specific people?
Only tried with one person, tbh is par for the course with lackey
Mac or windows?
Windows vista
Any error message? Does the crash happen immediately upon someone connecting? Are you and your opponent using the newest Lackey?
No error message from lackey, just the windows popup, happened immediate on him attempting to connect, and we both updated yesterday when the issue happened

Rexozord

Quote from: Trevor on January 14, 2011, 11:54:59 PM
Quote from: visualbasicwizard on January 14, 2011, 11:04:02 PM
Two things:
1. There still appears to be an error involving face-down cards and hidden zones. When, in a game, you move a face-down card on the field to a hidden zone (e.g. hand or deck), the message displayed for the player doing this will say "<player> has moved a card to his hand/the top of his deck." However, for your opponent (I have only tested this with a single opponent), it will say "<player> has moved <card name> to his hand/the top of his deck." I'm not sure that this error originated in this update, but neither I nor my opponents have ever noted its existence before. I assume that Lackey is simply swapping which player should receive which message.

thor82

First of all thank you for your work, i'm new to this "world" and believe me, i'm enjoying lackey very much.

Second: where can i find informations about tokens? i mean: how to implement that in the plugin,and how to use them in the interface

Thank you in advance, and thank you again for your work

Trevor

Quote from: thor82 on January 23, 2011, 06:10:21 AM
First of all thank you for your work, i'm new to this "world" and believe me, i'm enjoying lackey very much.

Second: where can i find informations about tokens? i mean: how to implement that in the plugin,and how to use them in the interface

Thank you in advance, and thank you again for your work
I'm rewriting the plugin tutorial now. In the interim, its easy to add. Have one column in your card data files called Type, which you probably already do. As long as this entry contains the word Token, it will be considered a token. That's all.