Randomized packs pulling from multiple sets?

Started by GnKoichi, January 12, 2011, 10:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnKoichi

Hey all, what kind of eval should I use to get a pack to make it's randomized selections from a couple of sets, instead of one? Say, for example, I wanted to make a pack that pulled random cards from three sets named "SetA" "SetB" and "SetC". What would that look like in the packdefinitions file?

Picks-at-Flies

When I was playing about, I found the packdefinitions file quite flexible.  The one we all see is Magic, e.g.:

<packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>som</data></packcommoncrit>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>R</data></crit></kind>

And here is a code from Rage for instance:

<kind><qty>4</qty><crit><field>Sealed</field><eval>CONTAINS</eval><data>[GCH]</data></crit></kind>

# packcommoncrit is anything which applies to every card in the pack.  Magic uses this to make sure every card is from the same set (som in the example above).  You can have any number of these (it will match them all), and in Rage I chose not to have any at all.
# Then for each sort of card, there are individual <crit> entries.  In Magic, it's straightforwardly looking at rarity.  For Rage, for complicated reasons, I have an extra column in the database called 'Sealed' which can contain any number of set codes, so I am using CONTAINS rather than IS, which works the same way it does in the deck editor.  IS and CONTAINS are the only <eval> options that seem to work. ([GCH] stands for Gaia Character)
# You can have multiple <crit> entries (just sit them one after the other;  they each need to contain <field>, <eval> and <data> values).

Essentially, it's all about setting those values to what you want them to be:
<field> - any field in your database
<eval> - IS or CONTAINS
<data> - What it's looking for.