News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Queries

Started by kingstaf, December 17, 2010, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingstaf

Okay, so I have basically finished the GIJOE updatelist and it works fine now and all that good stuff. Now, I'm looking at it and trying to figure out how to make it feel more customized and similar to an experience. In doing so, I have some questions that might have been answered but I don't think they have yet.
1. Is there a way for me to include in updatelists the ability to download certain zones and tablebackground images that would ONLY load when I opened that plugin? I know I could add them to the general images/zonebackgrounds or whatever, but then it would be changed for all games, not just that plugin. I also realized I couldn't change the preferences for just one plugin. So if I made a preferences file to upload with the updatelist, it would overwrite the old preferences.txt which would get rid of all the settings that person had customized when I only maybe want to change a couple of things. Basically a question of creating Zoneimages and Tableimages like the phase images.
2. Is there a way to flip the card in the card viewer? The GI Joe cards have upside down writing on some because of how they were made and it can be a hassle sometimes to have to read them.
3. Also is there a way to spawn or draw cards to the table where they would land in certain spots that are premarked? Such as if a table has markings for specific fields, could I have it draw the first card to the first marking, etc?
4. Is there a way to add more Test Dummies? Such as if I wanted to test a multiplayer deck in a solitaire game, can I add more test dummies?

I realize a lot of this is possibly wishful thinking or is in the works for down the line. I just didn't know if I had the capacity to do it now and just couldn't figure out how.

Trevor

Quote from: kingstaf on December 17, 2010, 04:47:10 PM
Okay, so I have basically finished the GIJOE updatelist and it works fine now and all that good stuff. Now, I'm looking at it and trying to figure out how to make it feel more customized and similar to an experience. In doing so, I have some questions that might have been answered but I don't think they have yet.
1. Is there a way for me to include in updatelists the ability to download certain zones and tablebackground images that would ONLY load when I opened that plugin? I know I could add them to the general images/zonebackgrounds or whatever, but then it would be changed for all games, not just that plugin. I also realized I couldn't change the preferences for just one plugin. So if I made a preferences file to upload with the updatelist, it would overwrite the old preferences.txt which would get rid of all the settings that person had customized when I only maybe want to change a couple of things. Basically a question of creating Zoneimages and Tableimages like the phase images.
2. Is there a way to flip the card in the card viewer? The GI Joe cards have upside down writing on some because of how they were made and it can be a hassle sometimes to have to read them.
3. Also is there a way to spawn or draw cards to the table where they would land in certain spots that are premarked? Such as if a table has markings for specific fields, could I have it draw the first card to the first marking, etc?
4. Is there a way to add more Test Dummies? Such as if I wanted to test a multiplayer deck in a solitaire game, can I add more test dummies?

I realize a lot of this is possibly wishful thinking or is in the works for down the line. I just didn't know if I had the capacity to do it now and just couldn't figure out how.
1. You can include the extra images, but you can't have them override what people had. That rather defeats the concept of having it be changible. Include your images in the download, and tell people they can use them. You can however make custom phases of turn images and sounds to a cool effect, and that can make things really thematic to your plugin.
2. You can show the text box pop up a number of ways, such as mousing over a card and hitting the tilda key. I will consider a GUI element to flip the big card.
3. No, you need to drag them to where you want.
4. No. But you could run multiple versions of Lackey though.