News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pack definitions

Started by Picks-at-Flies, December 08, 2010, 02:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picks-at-Flies

I think this is one for Trevor, but I'll welcome help from anyone with answers.

Rage wasn't set up for limited play, so for our sealed decks we want to take all the printed cards and divide them into three ubersets (Gaia, Wyrm and General).  So first question:  at the moment we have lines like:
{field} IS {text}
Can this be:
{field} CONTAINS {text}
or equivalent?

The second thing is that, rather than players picking so many Gaia or Wyrm packs then some general packs, I can create Gaia and Wyrm packs that contains some cards from the Gaia or Wyrm uberset then some cards from the General uberset.  Is there a way to do so?  It looks like it would require removing <packcommoncrit> and somehow combining filters in the <kind> field.

[spoiler]
Included is an example from the Magic pack definitions to make sure I'm looking at the right thing:

<pack>
<packtitle>Scars of Mirrodin Booster</packtitle>
<packimage>som</packimage>
<packformat>Standard</packformat>
<packkind>Booster</packkind>
<packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>som</data></packcommoncrit>
<chance>
<prob>87</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>R</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>11</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit></kind>
</chance>
<chance>
<prob>13</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>M</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>11</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit></kind>
</chance>
</pack>

PS It looks like spoiler tags don't work here....
[/spoiler]

Edit:  I have worked out a way to 'cheat' as long as the CONTAINS thing works, since I can include both [G] and [W] tags in the relevant field.  For that matter, if it works, I can have a single "limited" column that contains both [Gaia], [Wyrm] and rarity tags.

Picks-at-Flies

Okay, so I'm answering myself:  the answer is YES to both questions.  In fact it all looks highly flexible.