News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lackey Updater

Started by Bob the Builder, December 02, 2010, 12:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob the Builder

I recently reinstalled the new version Lackey Updater.. I tryed to use it to update lackey to the December 2nd build of lackey.. and it happened with the last build also..when i update, it completely removes the Lackey Exe out of the folder, is this intentional.. it didnt use to do this before..

Alastair

Didn't do it on mine a few moments ago. What OS are you using?

Bob the Builder

Windows 7 64 bit home Premium

Trevor

The updater deletes your old lackey so that it can install the new one. It's possible you may have security things stopping it from downloading the new exe. Try running the updater as an admin?

Picks-at-Flies

To keep things in the same place:
The updater works correctly EXCEPT the blue bar only reaches 1/3 of the way through so visually it looks like it hasn't finished.  (Also Win 7 64 bit home).

Edit:  I lie, it didn't work.  The file it downloaded was a 307kb file (with the correct date, but which didn't claim the Lackey icon) which claimed it wasn't compatible with 64 bit.  The one in the zip file is 2.03Mb and works fine.

Bob the Builder

ran it as admin, it worked ok.. still not used to having to run everything as admin

Trevor

Quote from: Bob the Builder on December 02, 2010, 06:43:21 PM
ran it as admin, it worked ok.. still not used to having to run everything as admin
YOu need to update your operating system. They should be a free patch you can download.