News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lackey Problem

Started by Vorthosian, November 30, 2009, 01:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorthosian

Hi. I just got Lackey a few days ago, and it seems like it's having some problems. Every time I try to refresh the server list from the tracker, I get that spinning beach ball thing and I have to force quit it. When I try to connect to a server from my IP it says that the server may be temporarily down.

Is this an everyone thing, in which case I just have to wait it out, or is it something I can fix?

Thanks a lot.

Alastair

Yes, it's an everyone problem. I've been trying to host it for the community while Trevor is away, but for some reason it wont stay up for any length of time. I've tried 5 different computers, 2 different ISP's available to me with various network configurations. For some strange reason it always dies in a way that isnt apparent right away. The program itself doesnt freeze, crash or lockup. It just continues to sit there. I've seen it happen within moments of it coming back up and I've seen it take up to an hour but it always ends the same.

I'll keep bringing it up for you guys as much as I can but unless I can discover why Lackey is acting so flakey all of a sudden, it'll just keep dying.

night_elf2004

what kind of server are you running it on?...maybe it's just got more people on it than it can handle and it crashes....just a thought.

Trevor

I have been rewriting the networking code since 10/14/09. The new code is vastly superior and stable.

TheBuck

oh thank god, myabe i will be able to get back on and play with the new ver.