News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Doomtown help

Started by AnarchistsXe, November 10, 2010, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchistsXe

Hey guys. I just tried to play a solitaire game with two different decks and couldn't figure out how to get the game going. Anyone wanna offer some help?

Alastair

What do you mean by get the game going?

AnarchistsXe

Like actually start it. I've got my deck picked, I picked one for the bot, now what. Is there a turn sequence that goes? When do I get to put out my outfit card, draw a hand, etc?

Alastair

It isn't automated. You have to play for both sides.

Bob the Builder

Dude, here are the Rules for Doomtown.. Once you learn them then apply them to Lackeyccg

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

AnarchistsXe

I'm familiar with the rules of the game. I just thought it would automate you for like, you know, starting your turn and such. For example, how the heck am I supposed to put out my starting location? Put out my starting dudes? Use my locations ability? I thought that Lackey would have structured play. Am I to understand that it just essentially gives you the cards and lets you play through them as you see fit, even if what you're doing in the game isn't correct. I'm slightly not understanding.

Fian

Lacky doesn't enforce the rules for you, so yeah, it gives you a way of playing the game with other people. It's up to the players to keep themselves right with the rules, turns and phases etc. Usually the plugins will have a bit on the board for keeping track of the turn and different phases of that particular game.

Bob the Builder

Hoghlighting and right clicking a card with supply you with options for that card.. To put out your outfit card, right click and hit play, or drag and drop onto the playing field. influence and ghostrock are set in the area next to your player icon..you set up your street and locations and your posse the same way

AnarchistsXe

Ok but how do you do the gambling and such?

Trevor

I don't know how gambling works in that game but you might use

/secret SECRET MESSAGE GOES HERE
and
/reveal

AnarchistsXe

Trevor,

at the start of every hand you do a 5 card draw of lowball poker. Whenever theres a shootout between two characters you either do stud or draw  poker depending on the bullet color of the person.

Bob the Builder

If youll look in the game interface, theres a play hand, and a draw hand, the draw hand is for low ball and shoot outs

AnarchistsXe

Yes, but does the game automatically take into account the winner or do you have to do that manually