News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

CCG Reviews

Started by Turonik, October 30, 2010, 07:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turonik

A while back I got the idea to start doing video reviews of card games. I haven't done much aside then script out a few, do one on inital D(more like a test to see if I can even do one) and acquire more games to my collection.  However this isn't a shameless plug for them which if it were I'd posted one of these up months ago. Since everyone on this site is player of CCGs I thought this would be a good place to ask for requests of games to do. Right now I'm working on a mega man review but  after that I don't know what else to do. I would like to avoid reviewing MTG and Yugioh though since they don't need the recognition. In a way, I'm more about showing off the hidden gems of the ccg world but if the game sucks I'll certainly still talk about it saying just that but don't expect an "angry review" just not my style.

So, any suggestions for ccgs to review?

Sakuro

Sounds like a good idea to me. There are some games that I'd personally like to read reviews for. Doomtown, Babylon 5, Dredd, and Arcadia are at the top of my curiosity list. Especially Dredd.

Turonik

The aren't written reviews... ugh they'd be videos that I'd do and Ddoinoomtown is the only one of those that I have but it's one I plan on g with as much as I can :D

Turonik

Not a fan of that website. They are like the IGN or Gamepro of the ccg world,  practically every game they review scores around a 7.5-7.9. The 10 scale with decimals (100 too) is a scale I could never understand since even "bad" games still score in the 70's usually. but it's been a while since I've been on it so they could have changed but I doubt it.

briggs

They are usually pretty fair, and take everything into consideration for the rating. Not basing it on one thing they don't like.

Turonik

I guess it's my own personal taste then but how did this thread come to be about them?

Cyrus

Quote from: Turonik on October 31, 2010, 09:37:31 AM
how did this thread come to be about them?

2 interactions and now the thread is about them? lol

anyway, give it a go. The only way to see if there's interest is to make a product, I've found. Asking if someone would be interested in a product before it is made has, in my experience, never really correlated to how much interest there is in something once it is done.

Turonik

Well I know there is some interest but what I was just asking is requests since I'm not sure  which to do next.

Cyrus

why don't you do something like Spoils... I'd like to hear a review of something I haven't played before