News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic Every land magic has

Started by Gordon228, October 28, 2010, 11:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon228

This is a new set to be added to magic if you would like to have the chose to have different islands or mountains. the dl links for the set and the set list txts are as follows [link removed] [link removed] there is no card image urls txt as it is more tedious then the cards them selfs.

Trevor

This is a bad idea. This encourages people to use different versions of the plugin, and that will cause errors. What is the point of this? If you want a land, can't you just select it? Lackey will remember which set you chose it from when you save your deck.

Gordon228

are we talking about the new lackey or the old one as for why i made it is so that you can circumvent the lackey bug of same card can't be in the same deck so like you can't have 2 cards with the same name in your deck thus only 1 for instance island or one mountain but this solves that. it may cause problems but all i did was add another set so you could play people with the plugin with out the set.

Edit: I just did a test with the beta and the old lackey and the old one will see cards not in the current plugin it will also display the image even if you do not have it but i still need to test this.

Edit2: as i thought you need the image to have it displayed but the cards work in the old version just fine

Trevor

The real solution is to have the option to have reprints from different sets each added to the deck list instead of incrementing the first card added to the deck. By default, it was set to just increment the previous card because I thought that is the behavior most people would prefer. I will add the other option in the new Lackey. It will be available for your testing tomorrow.

Gordon228

ideally your solution works but in reality there are CCg's that can't have it that way or the game will get screwed up. in any event having it so that the plugin or the program it's self has the option to turn it on or off would be the best.

Tokimo

Trevor, will this also include support for different cards with the same name? (I know it's a rare thing in CCGs but I've seen a few that do it)

Trevor

Quote from: Tokimo on October 30, 2010, 05:57:32 AM
Trevor, will this also include support for different cards with the same name? (I know it's a rare thing in CCGs but I've seen a few that do it)
I wasn't thinking about that specifically, but ya I think this would allow different cards with the same name. I will have to test a bit to make sure though.

Gordon228

well if i get my updatelist.txt working i will have a good tester plugin.

Sadistik

What i would love is for you to add the tokens , spawning card then editing note can be time consuming . Rather have my tokens in the sideboard and play em from there if i need one . That would be most appreciated , By the way thx for this awesome program , i just started using this like a week ago and its awesome.

Also i would really like to be able to kick someone from the room if hes just being a jerk and moving everyone's card when hes not even playing.

Picks-at-Flies

If you are going to be distributing a different Magic plugin, please make sure you call it something different because it won't be compatible.