News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Linux testers?

Started by Trevor, October 27, 2010, 02:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I just installed (on my emulator) the latest version of Ubuntu linux, and the latest stable WINE. The new lackey, linked at http://lackeyccg.com/LackeyCCGWin.zip, worked fine. You may need to enable the .exe to be run as an executable in the permissions of the .exe, but aside from that, it worked instantly for me. Remember you need to put that new exe into the old lackey's folder. Until the new version is official, I am just distributing the exe.

Is anyone have trouble running LackeyCCG in linux?

snowdrop

Hi Trevor...

Terrific to see that Linux isn't forgotten into oblivion, especially since it's the only OS plenty and an increasing number of people use, myself including ;) Would you mind sharing the details from your adventure above? What emulator did you run - virtualization like e.g. vbox? What version of it and on exactly which distro? Or did you use a Wubi install of Ubuntu (would probably be better than using emulator and almost easier for you also). Is this still valid for latest LackeyCCG Dec 12 11:21 release?

Trevor

Every version of linux I have tried (when running the latest version of WINE) has worked. If you come across one that doesn't work, and the bug is repeatable, let me know and I can investigate.