News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Just... Just keeps crashing.

Started by theillustriousc2, August 30, 2010, 11:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theillustriousc2

So I grabbed Lackey about a week ago and tonight I'm just getting around to setting it up.
Unfortunately, Lackey keeps crashing just seconds after opening. I've tried dropping the performance settings to minimum, changing the window size, loading and unloading different game plugins, and it just keeps dying on me. Does anyone have and idea what's wrong? Like an Install issue, maybe?

Alastair

Operating system? Video card? Are there any specific errors given when it crashes?

theillustriousc2

XP sp3, some crappy nVidia chipset. No error message. To be more exact, I guess it locks up indefinitely.
It might be a virtual memory thing or something, I dunno. Does Lackey need a sec to start up when I load it?

Magister

Everytime I load Lackey I give it five to ten seconds because it stays frozen for a bit, then starts working right. Whenever I try and click or do anything before I give it that breather it locks up and I have to reload. Hope that helps.

Alastair

If it's a resource issue, this should be addressed with the new version of Lackey that's in the testing stages now. As I mentioned in another thread, it underwent its first test and in that I saw a great increase in load time and overall performance. Keep an eye out for the new version, Trevor is working hard on it.

Trevor

99% of the time this happens it turns out to be something like an outdated graphics card driver. Make sure your opengl is up to date.