News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Righteous SCG (concept for someone else to use)

Started by briggs, November 25, 2009, 11:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

briggs

So I've had this idea in my head for awhile now, decided to act on it last night!

The idea is simple, as the game progresses, so do your cards.
Similar to an mmo, you earn points that you use to upgrade your hero and creatures stats.

Card Sample:

You use dice as counters for your hero's stats. And the printed number on the die is your starting pool.
Yellow is Strength
Red is Defense ( yes I used red for strength in the text, but that was supposed to be yellow :P )
Blue is Mana

Each turn you gain X action points, plus one for each land you have conquered.
X is the number printed on the top left corner of your hero, and some creatures give AP's instead of taking them. (You'll see a little diamond next to the cost, that means you gain AP's instead of using them.)

You use action points to play cards or buff your stats.
Each stat costs 1 AP to buff once, and you can't go beyond 6.

Various cards require mana to use their abilities (some require the use of strength and defense too), so you might want to use most of your AP towards mana, rather than buffing your strength/defense depending on the type of deck you want to play.

Most cards only cost 1-2 AP's to play, some are free.

There are no factions or card limitations, other than you will want to stick to just one of the buffs, rather than all 3.

Anyone can pick this game idea up if they want to use it. But be sure to credit me :)

xchokeholdx

Even though the idea is nice, in practice it will boil down to this:

So this cards cost me 2 mana and 1 strength? (picks up the mana dice).. ehh, what number was it again? (picks up STR dice) ehh, what number was it again? Cheating galore..

Why not have 3 different cards attached to the character, with token on them. a lot easier and more difficult to cheat with.

So you have a character, with 3 cards below it. STR/MANA/LIFE. each card has some tokens on it.

hmmm, I start to talk like Fight Klub here.. but there is a good reason NOT to use dice..