News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG: Help Wanted

Started by Skye, November 24, 2009, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skye

Ok, the new update for the Yu-Gi-Oh plugin is massive...to say the least.

While I could continue to work on it alone, it's likely to take me a couple weeks at best, and I know people are after the newest sets.

So I'm posting this in search of a handful of people that know how to work with a plugin to create new card data files.

It's not as hard as it sounds, there are just so many to do that it's overwhelming for one person.

Basically it's like this:
1) You create a specially named text file to be the new card data for a specific group.
2) You go to Yugioh Wikia and collect card lists for the sets in that group.
3) You open your copy of AllSets.txt or AncientProphecy.txt and find, then copy the card data line for every card in the set.
4) You paste it into the new file ((The top line should be the same as the top line of AllSets.txt.

When all of the sets for that group are pasted into the file, you email it to me to be merged into the larger plugin.

NOTE: You will also have to make sure that there is one line for every version of a card in the set. So if the same card appears twice, once as a Ghost Rare and once as a Rare, it would need two separate lines.

Here's an example of how it would work.

File Name: BP_2002.txt
This stands for Booster Packs, 2002 series.
It will include these sets:
Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon
Metal Raiders
Spell Ruler

That's basically what I need. If you want to help me out on this, so we can get the whole thing done faster, then post your interest here. I'll give out specific groups to specific people, so don't start work until I tell you which ones to handle. ((Just so none of it gets done twice.))

~Skye

picks-at-flies

Ouch.  Are you telling me nobody has a text spoiler for Yu-Gi-Oh anywhere?  Surely it would be quicker to hunt through the internet looking for one than to manually add every single card?

For instance:
Copy the text from http://www.finalyugi.com/yugioh-news-140-spoiler-enemy-of-justice-eoj.html into notepad.  Copy once more into Word, which has better replace options, replace each double carriage return with a tab, then each <tab>EOG with <paragraph>EOG.  Similarly, you can replace "/" with <tab>.  If necessary, copy into Excel so you can reorder the columns and otherwise organise it.  (Replace programs with equivalents as necessary). 

Edit2:  Found much better spoilers at http://www.pojo.com/Yu-gi-oh/ - look down the left hand side.  If you use them though, make sure you let the owner know.

Btw, I find it easier to keep everything in a spreadsheet then resave as a tab-deliminated text file at the end.  That way you can reorganise the content as necessary.

Skye

Ok, I'll look into using those. I should be able to restructure the card data file to mimic their layout, then just move columns around to put it back into place.

Thanks for linking that, it'll let me get done much faster.

Skye

The spoiler lists are out.

Most of them are so badly mangled that it would take more work to fix them into the current format we use, than it would to simply copy/paste from the current set files.

So I'm back to requesting aid for copy/pasting to get this done. I'm not going to trust any other source. I know the AllSets.txt is formatted correctly, where other sources may just break things worse.

I experienced this recently in trying to work with XLS spreadsheets from the Pojo site. They had all the cards, rightly enough. But there was so much trash on the lines that I would have been forced to perform massive edits to each, in order to get it usable in Lackey.

Edit: I tracked down a place that forces their Spoiler lists to be uniform in appearance, and they are arranged in a much better fashion. So I should be able to get most of these done by sorting through them.