News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Image Debugging

Started by jackson24303, August 06, 2010, 07:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackson24303

I was wondering is there a way for LackeyCCG to tell what images were not found?

Say I had 100 cards and told Lackey the file location for them. How would I know if I typed in the wrong file? Would I need to check all 100 card on Lackey to confirm they all loaded?

chinkeeyong

What I do is 'download all missing card images' first, then clear the log and try it again. The ones that will be attempted to be redownloaded are the ones that couldn't be downloaded the first time round.

jackson24303

I tried the 'download all missing card images' but it says that I have all images present. Even when I put a missing picture on purpose.

I'm trying to manually place the pictures in so there is no update URL. And checking that if all the pictures that I load up is working is very time consuming.

Alastair

You sort of answered your own question there. If you're trying to bypass the update system, then of course it isn't going to function properly for you. If you're trying to manually configure a plugin, then the way to debug it will have to be manually.

jackson24303

I started making a plugin for Lackey and every time I add more cards it just gets more complicated to manage.
The cards have serial numbers and use copy+paste a lot to get them into excel.
I was hoping that there was a way for Lackey to tell me the pictures that weren't loaded, because I do make mistakes when I'm typing.
Well I guess I have to do it by hand. Thanks for the response.

Snooby

To avoid typing errors:
Put the cards you want to add into their own directory
Open a command window there and type:
DIR/B >List.txt
Notepad List.txt
This will open notepad with a list of your card names - copy/paste that into Excel
Move the images into the correct Set directory
Save the excel file (after adding card info such as card Name/Set)

Also, you can use lackey to check for missing card images - although it may take some time if you have a lot of images.
Go to Deck Editor, click on card list, press Spacebar - this will load up a screenshot of a few card images.
Check that they are all correct, or identify missing images.
press Space again (to drop images), page down the list, repeat.
Note, Lackey's cache stops loading after a specified number of images, so you can either increase the cache size, or restart lackey and continue form where you left off.

Also, if you doqnload all images, and then edit a link to "fail", the card may have already been downloaded into the Set directory and will appear on the list even if the link is wrong (because it checksums the image before trying to download) - you will need to delete/move the offending image(s) before testing.

If the card has not been downloaded, the link is wrong and Lackey still reports it as available - check using the Deck Editor (as above). If it's not there, won;t download and is reported as OK, then you have found a bug.