News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Having some trouble

Started by Bob the Builder, August 06, 2010, 11:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob the Builder

Just got a new computer. loaded with Windows 7 home version. was able to download Lackey, but when i try to set my plugins i keep getting the message. Error . plugin timed out while updating.. this has happened with bevery plugin i have tryed.. any ideas how to deal with this

mathman1550

Have you tried opening ports in your Windows Firewall and any other firewalls?

Instructions from the main LackeyCCG site:

By default, Lackey uses port 25710 for hosting games, so this is the port you should open. If you cannot open this port for some reason, you can set a different port for Lackey to use that you can open. All routers and firewalls are different, so I can't give step-by-step instructions on how your router/firewall should be configured. If you are having difficulty with your firewall, try temporarily disabling it and then running the "Do I Need Proxy to Host?" test again. There is an excellent tutorial on how to properly configure your router/firewall at http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/NAT_problem. This tutorial was written for a program called Azureus, but the instructions it gives work great for LackeyCCG too. Just make sure you remember the default port number LackeyCCG uses is 25710, and that webpage will refer to a different port number that Azureus uses as its default port number.