News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Old CCG I gave up on.

Started by Lord Nat, July 27, 2010, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Nat

Felt like just tossing this out for anyone to look over or can talk to me about having all my files on if they want it.
Here is a PDF of the basic play rules http://hotfile.com/dl/57922409/745d0f0/Play.pdf.html.

The idea was something of a mix of the Shadowrun TCG's Encounter system with a set party that you build the power up over the course of the game.
I have buggered around with it here and there but once I started to look into the systems I was making for it was mostly stolen or
modded from another game (like the gear system I was using was the same as WoW TCG's "Slot (#)" system) so I kind of say I was crap at this and gave up lol.

But ya that is the base rules file.
Here are some of the ideas of classes I was working on, the game was split into a few worlds and each world having a theme
(Magic world, Post Apoc Tech world, etc) so I'd be able to expand the game by adding more worlds.
Magi: The World of Magic

Book Mage:
Class Skill: Biblio-Arcaneus
Style: Archived Spells
Equips books to store spells in, A book holds anywhere from 1-4 spells and has it?s own modifiers giving the Mage powers. Spells can not be used or readied with out the book they are in being equipped. Spells are a mix of attacks and enhances.
Spells have a point cost in Biblio skill. You can only have a number of spells active worth a number of points equal to your Biblio skill (Some books enhance your skill to counter this).

Example Cards:
Book:
Name: Training Book
Type: Equipment, Book
Slot: 2 Hands
Prercs: Biblio 1
Effect: This book can hold two spells worth 1 point each.   

Spell:
Name: Deflect
Type: Spell
Prerecs: Biblio 1
Effect: 1 Biblio: Give target +2 Defense Rating VS Ranged Combat for one Combat round. 

Soul Waver:
Class Skill: Soul Waving
Style: Trading HP for effects on others.
Using his own HP to fuel his effects he can use powerful magic on others. Such as burning his own HP to damage a foe or using his HP to heal a party member.
Much of the power of a Soul Waver comes from the power to call on the power of souls linked with items. Giving them to power to draw out the power of items that may seem normal to others but are powerful in the hands of a Soul Waver.
To balance his power he is limited to burning a number of HP for one skill equal to his skill level in Soul Waving.
Most of the Soul Waver powers come from his gear (tho there are a number of play out of hand skills) as such a fully equipped Soul Waver will have a number of powers at hand but will have to manage his HP as not to leave him self a target for enemies.

Example Cards:
Gear:
Name: Jim-Bob?s Shovel
Type: Equipment, Melee Weapon
Prerecs: Melee 2
Effect: Hit: Rating: 1 Damage: 1

Jim-Bob?s Might: Soul Waving: Per 1 HP burned Hit deals 2 more damage. 

Out of Hand Power:
Name: Tangle
Type: Soul Weave
Prerecs: Soul Waving: 4
Effect: Per 4 HP burned you may lower the level of a skill of the target by 1 for the rest of the turn.

Chimeraist:
Class Skill: -Needs name-
Style: Building up his pet to gain more power.
Controls a special monster that can be boosted with the use of magic skills and medicines.
The Chimeraist can control only one such monster at a time and can only change the monster when the one he is using dies or is discarded.   

Cydon: The World Rebuilt

Digger:
Class Skill: Tinker
Style: Combining Powers to make more powerful ones.
Each device has a Tinker rating needed to use it and gives a base boost or ability, each device as well has a sub-power that does not take effect right away. Using the sub-power takes placing the device into a combination.
This is done by playing a template and adding parts to it. A template is a card the lists a number of part kinds it needs (some what like a character?s equipment slots).
You must add parts to the slots to give the template powers or to modify the powers it has. The Template?s powers can?t be used till it is full.

Example Cards:

Name: Shocker
Type: Device
Slot: 1 Hand
Prerecs: Tinker 1
Effect:
Shock: Attack: 2, Damage: 1, Elec Damage.
Template Effect: Power Slot: Add 1 Elec Damage

Name: Attack Ray
Type: Template
Prerecs: Tinker 4
Open Slots: Power, Focus, Handle, and Extra
Effect: Ray: Ranged Attack: 2, Damage: 3

Drone User: 
Class Skill: Remote
Style: Gaining more actions but being limited about what can be done with them.
Each Drone has a set requirement of Remote it takes to be active, So you are limited in what drones you have out by the amount of Remote you have. At the start of each turn you pick what Drones are active for the turn.
Each Drone will have listed what action or actions can be taken with it, It can only take those actions and no others.
Each Drone like a character gets one action per-turn and then is considered to be busy. Drones are treated as Minions for effects and combat.

Example Cards:

Name: Scout Drone
Type: Drone
Slot: None
Prerecs: Remote 1
Scout: May flip over one Challenge card before it is encountered.

Name: Guard Drone
Type: Drone
Slot: None
Prerecs: Remote 4
Guard: An attack must first beat a Def: 9 (can not be enhanced) or the damage is dealt to the Guard Drone (if the attack beats the Guard it must still beat the targets Def).

Earth 303: The Other Earth

Gun Slinger:
Class Skill: Guns
Style: Special Bullets
Can use Special Bullets in his guns that give him a wide variety of combat effects.
Each gun has a set number of ammo it can have loaded into it, each Bullet takes one of those slots.
When attacking with a gun you are normally asked to discard one bullet. The Gun Slingers bullets give extra effects as they are discarded. Ranging from extra damage to other combat effects.

Example Cards:

Name: Revolver
Type: Gun
Slot: 1 Hand
Prerecs: Ranged 1
Holds 6 Bullets
Shoot: Attack: 3 Damage: 4, Discard 1 Bullet

Name: Flash Bullet

Type: Bullet
Prerecs: Guns 1
When discarded as part of a Gun attack this bullet and that attack hits the target takes no damage but loses it?s next action. 

So ya thoughts?
If you are interested in more info just ask about it.
I am more or less given up on it so if some one wants it or something you can talk to me about giving you the work I have done.
I did get into making cards a few times but managed to have massive rule changes soon after so I don't even really have much in the way of cards made lol.