News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Limit on Superzones?

Started by PereUbu, July 12, 2010, 09:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PereUbu

OKay - next silly question - can you have more than five Superzones showing up in Deck Editor?

EDIT: Let me explain - Ani-Mayhem requires, when building a deck, to have six different piles of cards to draw from - in my plugin they're named Draw Deck, Characters, Combat, Locations, Disasters and Items. You need to be able to shuffle and distribute the Disasters and Items to the field separately, where they're placed under the Locations and any unused Disasters are placed with the Draw Deck. Trouble is, only five SuperZones show up in Deck Editor, and (as you can see) six are needed. I've been using the Locations Superzone to hold Items as well and "shuffling" the Items when they get laid out to the table face-down, but I get the feeling there might be a more elegant way to accomplish this. Any ideas?

ani-mayhem

Lacky does not support Ani-Mayhem. It never has, never will.

ani-mayhem

"If you need six SuperZones, you're doing it wrong" will be the 'official' response.

PereUbu

Quote from: ani-mayhem on July 18, 2010, 09:58:58 AM
Lacky does not support Ani-Mayhem. It never has, never will.

Well, that's really odd, since I've not only worked out a way around the problem I had (combine Characters & Locations instead) but also came up with a method to place Items & Disasters randomly without looking at them.

But, hey, if you'd rather say "you can't do it" when it's 75% done, that's your choice I suppose. ???

ani-mayhem

How much of that 75% is my card list, my spoliers, and my scans?

PereUbu

Quote from: ani-mayhem on July 18, 2010, 01:03:15 PM

Considering I don't know how you are, that's kind of hard to answer.

I used what I found from Ani-Mayhem Online, at http://www.ani-mayhem.com/ - I got the card scans from there, as well as the card database. If you're claiming responsibility for those, I appreciate your work and give you credit. Otherwise, no, I typed the damn carddata.txt myself and hacked the proper pluginfo.txt on my own. It was not a small bit of work to convert the data into something Lackey could use, and I'm claiming full responsibility for that part.

Adalam

Quote from: PereUbu on July 18, 2010, 01:32:18 PM
Otherwise, no, I typed the damn carddata.txt myself and hacked the proper pluginfo.txt on my own. It was not a small bit of work to convert the data into something Lackey could use, and I'm claiming full responsibility for that part.

As you should as your right. Good work on this and I want to see this plugin in action when it's done.

ani-mayhem

Two little lines of XSL code, and out popped the combined card data. Wasn't so hard for me.

Tokimo

Quote from: ani-mayhem on July 18, 2010, 01:03:15 PM

This kinda sounds an awful lot like "How much of someone else's stolen IP have you stolen from me?"

Pot, Kettle, enjoy being the same color. If you don't respect someone else's IP, why should anyone respect yours?

ani-mayhem

Voila, http://アニメイヘム.com/LackeyCCG/