News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Plugin downloading pics funny

Started by Channelfurball, July 01, 2010, 09:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Channelfurball

Lately, with my Magic plugin, I've been having some of the jpeg images that I haven't already downloaded downloading incorrectly. Sometimes it will say it's one card when it clearly is another (often of a completely different color, no less) I stopped playing Lackey for a number of months and just started getting back into it. When I played it a few months ago this never happened. I don't know if it matters, but I updated recently. I'm also having some of the smaller images (I use the larger image plugin) appear in some folders. I keep deleting them and they aren't used in anything as far as I can tell, but they keep showing up. Also, some pics will download and when I look at them in the actual folder, instead of them being numbered they'll be at the end using their own name with underscores (Ex: Coral_Eel or Enormous_Baloth) and Lackey will actually call up the pictures by those names - if I replace the pictures, for instance, the new picture will show up in Lackey. Is this more an issue of something amiss at the site the plugin downloads from? And if it is, what can be done?

Bort

Run autoupdate. This issue is now fixed. It had to do with the high version of the magic plugin, and particularly with about 10 cards that were in ninth edition, but NOT in booster packs for 9E.

Let me know if your problem is now fixed.

Channelfurball

Nope (you're right about it affecting 9th the most, by the way). I updated and I just deleted the Enormous Baloth from 9 and it downloaded the Coral Eel again in it's place (which is named Enormous_Baloth in the 9th edition folder). This problem is not limited to 9th edition, I should add. I noticed it also in either Unglued or Unhinged (can't remember which) with it downloading doubles of lands and leaving out some. Like, I think the Island in one of them was a repeat of the Swamp.

VladShadeu

YEAH! I've seen this too! I randomly decided to fiddle with unhinged, and some card that I can't remember was registering as Stop That! instead. I think the image files are totally misnamed, something of this caliber seems like it is definetely not server or client but rather plugin-developer. Not to say we don't love you, person who makes the Magic plugin and may be reading this.  ;D

Channelfurball

HAHAHA, maybe I should point out that I updated by using the update with the icon with the red circle and downward-pointing white arrow to update Lackey. I just autoupdated the plugin like a NON-retard would and yep, it fixed the problem, so far as I can tell  :P

Channelfurball

Well, it seemed to be fine for a while, but it looks like it's doing it again. Also, I can't download all the missing images now.  :-\

Bort

Quote from: Channelfurball on July 16, 2010, 02:35:57 AM
Well, it seemed to be fine for a while, but it looks like it's doing it again. Also, I can't download all the missing images now.  :-\
That doesn't really tell me anything. Run autoupdate, relaunch, and then see if card images still don't load. If they don't, tell me the very first one that doesn't load and I will see if there is an error with the plugin.

Channelfurball

I realize it took me a while to respond - I've been busy. Anyway, I went for the Autoupdate and it said: "All your files seem up to date." I tried to download the remaining jpegs immediately after and no dice. I restarted the program and then successfully downloaded the missing pictures. I'm still getting the thing where in 8th and 9th (and maybe some others - I'm not sure, that's where it seems concentrated) some pictures are downloading with their names instead of the number assigned to them (although, as far as I can tell, they at least have the correct names now). Is this a change that was made to the plugin? Also, at some point (and I don't know how or when) all the 2011 stuff just appeared - maybe I missed it during an update or something - but it all downloaded in the smaller, 'Medium' size when I looked at the cards. I'm not sure what that's all about - if there isn't yet a High plugin for a given set does it just download the Medium pictures when you look at the cards? ??? Not, that it's a big deal - I can easily just replace the jpegs, but I'm still curious.

(By the way, I just stumbled upon the Magic 2011 thread and I see the answer to my question about picture sizes for that set)

(Also, I just remembered, the 2011 pictures didn't 'just appear' I went through the list and looked at each 2011 picture, so mystery solved.)