News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Deck size limit

Started by xanderg7, June 05, 2010, 12:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanderg7

i'm a plugin creator right now i was wondering what is the deck size limit for a game because i came up against a bump. my deck is suppossed to have 360 cards and it won't let me go over it. Is there a way to increase the deck size please tell me.

TheBuck

what game are you playing that 360 cards are in your deck?
And as as I know there is no way to bump it.

mathman1550

If I remember right from a discussion on the old forum, lackey seems to have troubles with decks that have more than 100 different cards.

HoodieDM

Quote from: TheBuck on June 05, 2010, 05:06:46 PM
what game are you playing that 360 cards are in your deck?

Are you making a Monopoly TCG that forces you to play for 5+ hours to several days in just one game??

Honestly mate, the standard 40 to 60 cards in YOUR DECK is all you need.  While you can make it in your rule book that say 40 is the minimum and there is essentially no limit to your deck, but 60 is the suggested size, then you're all good.  And you can make it if your game has starting cards, that these cards do or do not count towards your deck size (or they do).

60 is and has been the standard deck size since Magic and Overpower first came out.  Some games that seem to take a while in game play, cut their deck sizes down for faster game play.  Some like Lot5R use two decks that consist of 40 cards, but the deck from which you draw is only 40 cards.  The other deck is for your province cards that go onto the table.

Now if you're talking about your actual card set, then yes, you can make as many cards as you want (theoritically) but that's why they introduced expansions.  Also so they could keep making money of course since they are in the business of doing that.

Good luck mate,
~HoodieDM

xanderg7

The game i'm making is not a TCG its a common deck for all the players. I'm also a veteran player when it comes to TCG, been playing magic since the 4th edition. there will only be a couple of cards in play at one time but each card in the deck is nearly unique.

Just Mick

Maybe a huge common draw pile is wanted? Personally I would not mind if the library and discard etc or whatever could appear on the table as a pseudo-deck card/zone so you could drag drop cards on to it etc that way.

If I was designing Lackey I would generalize it to all board/card games etc. But it's understandable if Lackey would like to stick to CCG. If you could have generic game pieces however you could use those to represent tokens, dice, etc.