News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Plugin Help

Started by Adalam, May 23, 2010, 11:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalam

Hey, what all needs to be there for the software to read my plugin? Cause I'm working on my own card game, but the software still won't let me choose my plugin for me to run it.

mathman1550

Adalam

That didn't help. It still won't work. The tutorial was the first thing I did.

innuendo

How about getting specific.  Possibly post a link to your plugin?  You can't just say "FIX IT NOW" and expect anyone to know what to do...

Adalam

I'll try to figure that part out as well.

Adalam

Plugin There's the URL for the plugin. Couldn't attach it here, the attachment size was an inhibitor.

mathman1550

Looking at your plugininfo, I noticed that you were using spaces instead of tabs.
I also noticed that you have a TRANSFERCARD without the needed numbers behind it to tell it what to do. You only use TRANSFERCARD if you want a function of moving a card in one specific spot to another (like milling in MTG will always take the top card of library and put in graveyard).
You were also missing GENERALFUNCTION6.
I have attached a fixed copy and will look at the card data next

[attachment deleted by admin]

mathman1550

In your card data baseset.txt (and BTW, if you ever plan to make more sets in the future I suggest you just rename this as carddata.txt and change the setlist.txt accordingly) I found some extra items under the set column without a card name, which could give you trouble. I also put in a temporary name for each of your card image names, which you can sort out later.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mathman1550

I notice that your image folders are not set up exactly right. Inside your sets folder you need a  new folder called setimages. You will need to place your general folder inside setimages. So you will have the following file structure LackeyCCG\plugins\Warriors of the Kingdom\sets\setimages\general

greasontim

Should be like this
(Folder with the name of the game)
  plugininfo.txt
  setlist.txt
  Packs (Folder)
    packdefinitions.txt
    SamplePack.jpg
  Sets (Folder)
    SetImages (Folder)
      setinfo.txt
      General (Folder)
        cardback.jpg
        spawned.jpg
      First Set (Folder(can name it whatever your first set is called if you wish))
        ????.jpg  (your set folders other than general hold your card pics)

those files seem to benn 100% required no if ands or buts about it.

What issues are you having?

Adalam

Well, it runs, but now it crashes Lackey, so I dunno.

greasontim

Can you put the plugininfo.txt in a post please so i can look at it
and i'll also need carddata.txt/setinfo.txt
that way i can find out if u mess up in one of those

Adalam

http://warriorsofthekingdom.proboards.com/index.cgi is the website to find the plugin. Go to the Plugin Zone board to download the main one. It should be the first reply to the Main Plugin thread.

greasontim

just put it here, not in the mood to sign up for more stuff this week.
already signed up for like 6 forums trying to find artists for my game

Adalam

It's too big. It won't let me upload it.