News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lackey Backup Server?

Started by ProButcher, May 18, 2010, 11:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProButcher

Firstly, I know we all have read If the server is offline.... But for those times when trev is unavailable or having maintenance done on the server, could we find a way to host a backup? We can have that server second on the serverlist and when the official is down, people can migrate over until trev gets it back up again. I think this could dramatically reduce player frustration with the downtime.
The only problem being, that nobody who has tried so far (to my knowledge) has been successful at hosting their own temporary servers through the lackey interface. So a direct question to trev would be this: Is it possible for someone with a decent setup, to host a server while the official is down? If so, could we get detailed instructions on how to do so?

Many many thanks,
ProButcher

PS: I want to thank you trevor for all that you have done for lackey. If I get a job, my first paycheck would go to you. :D

Alastair

No, as has been proven several times over so far...a backup server would be just as unstable as the primary server. I hope Trevor releases the new version soon.