News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Unable to Open

Started by necfu, November 14, 2009, 02:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

necfu

Hi, I've been having problems getting Lackey to open up recently and wondered if anyone might have some suggestions or experience with this. I haven't tried opening it on this computer for some time, but it did work at one point in the past. After clicking the program open, a box labeled "SDL_app" comes up, followed by a windows type error stating "LackeyCCG.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." This error is coming up on an old copy I have, as well as the new one, and I've tried using the Updater, but no change. Thanks.

SugimoriDesu

What OS are you using? Does this happen for people you know who use the program?

Alastair

Also what version (build date) of Lackey are you using?

necfu

OS is XP. I haven't gotten far enough with the program to know others who use it, but it works on my laptop. I'm sure its a problem with my PC, but not sure where to begin. I have two versions I've been trying...one from several months ago, the other is the most recent.

Axlotl

I can't open Lackey either. I don't get an error message though, just SDL_app then nothing.

I downloaded the new version and installed it, while saving my old version on an external HDD, and now neither works. I used the old version a decent amount and never had an issue.

I also had to reinstall my video card driver during the same time frame.

Other than that, there haven't been any changes to my OS or to my hardware.

I am using XP.

EDIT: I can run lackey in safe mode. I also updated my video card driver, and that made no difference, so i'm guessing its a conflict with some other software, but I have no idea what.

Thurnee

Hey, very new here. Just downloaded Lackey today because a friend suggested I use it to build MTG decks. Seems very cool, but I'm unable to get it to run.

Upon startup (the updater works fine, can update and everything) either via "LackeyCCG.exe" or from the launcher, I get a window "LackeyCCG Windows -> Build Date: 10-14-09", and a message of "LackeyCCG.exe has stopped working".

Tried running it in several different compatibility modes, and as an Administrator.

Running Windows Vista, 64-bit. I'd be happy to provide any further info upon request.

Edit: Runs in Safe mode.

Axlotl

I reinstalled my graphics card driver from disk again, being sure to replace every DLL.

Now lackey works.

midknightwraith

I've got a similar experience to Thurnee.  I'm running 32-bit Vista Ultimate on Q6600 quad core.  I get a transparent window frame with just LackeyCCG at the top.  But nothing else.