News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Snooby

Started by Calder84, April 06, 2010, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calder84

I read in another thread that Snooby maintained several dozen plugins. Some of those plugins can no longer be found and I was wondering if Snooby or someone else may have access to those still. Some of them I wouldnt mind working with and possibly try to get them working on Lackey.

Shadownova

I checked my old hard drive.  I have .Hack, Battletech (No images), Dune, and Stargate.  Dunno which ones might have been his but they don't show up on the list.  So there ya have it.  When I get the chance to I'll toss them on megaupload or something.

Fian

The battletech plugin I believe is on the Battletech yahoo group or something. I do have a copy with images if needed though.

Alastair

Snooby was a very active member in the community and he did alot of work on many plugins. Some of which other people have picked up, I know alot of them were floating around in a torrent at one point. Also you can check the two sticky threads at the top of this forum for locations of plugins that might not be included in Lackey at present.

Tokimo

I have a partially reworked Sailor Moon plugin that Snooby had put together if anyone wants to use it as well. I also have the images for the 2nd set (which is the set it's missing right now).

Snooby

I think that all the plugins mentioned were mine :)

None of my plugins made it onto the official pluginfinder list as they require permanent storage and this was not made available to me. The list, and plugin downloads, were available thorugh my own PC-hosted website until I shut it down because someone else decided that they could host my plugins better than I could, whether I liked it or not.

I still have most of my 50-odd plugins stashed away on DVD, but I have deleted all WIP's and updates that were stored on my PC, so what state of readiness the actual plugins are in I cannot say.

Anyway, after I stopped hosting my plugins I effectively made them "public domain" in that they could be hosted, edited and updated by anyone who had a mind to do so, without requiring my permission, and without the need to credit me in any way for the original work.

So, in essence, fill yer boots!! ;)

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that someone else was working on a Sailor Moon update and I gave them the updated data files and the card images for the 2nd set.

jorch72

Quote from: Snooby on April 12, 2010, 11:59:20 AM
I think that all the plugins mentioned were mine :)
I still have most of my 50-odd plugins stashed away on DVD, but I have deleted all WIP's and updates that were stored on my PC, so what state of readiness the actual plugins are in I cannot say.
Anyway, after I stopped hosting my plugins I effectively made them "public domain" in that they could be hosted, edited and updated by anyone who had a mind to do so, without requiring my permission, and without the need to credit me in any way for the original work.
So, in essence, fill yer boots!! ;)
Where can we download the Plugins???
Please tell us???

Snooby

There was some guy, name began with a C, I think, he created a torrent - dunno if it still works, or where it is.
Other than that, and unless/until I decide to re-host them, you will need to pool resources with other players.

EDIT: I have found the backup DVD which contains the plugins in the attached list. It also contains Replacement Images for most of the plugins that were hosted on the BR website and are no longer accessible, as well as HiRes scans of every Battletech card, so the total is about 3.5GB and I only have access to 400MB of webspace :/

The list, erm, lists all the plugins, but does not list every cardset included with them. Nor does it list my collection of CCG Manuals, or Plugins that were never released.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cyrus

You forgot my name?

Anyway, I still have all the files that I had backed up and created a torrent for (prompting the removal of the main source) but its on my main computer which is sadly at my last residence waiting to be moved to my new place. I should have it within a week or so, at which point I will gladly supply the requested plugins. Sorry that I was caught at a bad time, moving takes way too long when an island is involved... but that's another story.

Also, I believe this is a semi-trustworthy link to the torrent http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/3110909/lackey. It's the right size I think. Doesn't have many seeders, the one it sees is probably my computer at my old place sitting on all day and night so at least it'll be downloading constantly.

Or you can wait out a couple weeks, or Snooby could be so nice as to provide them if he still has access to them, or even put up his awesome little website again, being that the one or two people that had problems accessing it got what the needed from the torrent long ago. Also, another story.

I'll pm anyone that's posted in here looking for stuff when I get my compy back :)

Snooby

Looks like I'm not needed.

briggs

Lets not turn this thread into something that will have to be locked.

Snooby

Lock it - there's was nothing else to be said.

Cyrus

Quote from: Snooby on August 17, 2010, 02:00:04 AM
Lock it - there's was nothing else to be said.

Except for "please post your site again, it was really cool." I'm still pretty bummed that having a second source was enough reason for you to take it down. I have to offer to get it to people now though because I have some serious doubts about your site ever going back up. Like I said, I had a couple friends who your site was giving some weird troubles (just really slow connection to the ftp or something, probably had to do with their poor router setups) so I made the torrent. They grabbed what they wanted within the first couple days, I doubt its even been used outside of that. This whole situation is probably one of the silliest that I've been apart of, and I tend to land myself in some funny places.

kaze100

I'm sure we are all adults here, an apology goes a long way.  Maybe then can we get along and help each other in this community.  I know I enjoyed Snooby being around, and it would be great to see him here more often helping out.  He was a huge asset in this community.

Cyrus

I am sorry for making the torrent. I didn't think it would be a big deal, I thought it would be my way of adding another way for people to find lackey outside of this forum and for a couple of my friends from different parts of the country to get the plugins. I don't "regret" doing it only because I don't think its a big enough issue to use the word "regret" for, but I do wish that Snooby's site was still up. The torrent is as good as dead now anyways, its usefulness died out awhile ago.

Despite our snide existence towards each other, born of different, unrelated reasons I'm sure (although I think stemming back to me thinking 'the stack' in magic makes sense, and Snooby disagreeing), he is an asset to this community, so I hope this can all be resolved