News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Need help designing an original card face

Started by Maligus, March 23, 2010, 10:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maligus

I'm trying to design my own CCG...so far I have about 175 cards (working on it for a month)...i already figured out how to create my own game on lackey and how to add new cards...the only problem is that i am using the yugioh card face for my card designs...i was wondering if anyone could help me come up with a unique card face (naturally, credit will be given as deserved)...thanks

-Maligus

i would like to have the level, attribute, and type to be listed

::attatched are examples of three of my cards (one field, one monster, and one gate)::

[attachment deleted by admin]

eyerouge

I'd love to help you out if your game is legal (meaning you have the copyright or permission to use the artwork that it utilizes).

It would be easy for me to adapt our card template to your game... btw - whats the url to your project? Would be interesting to see it's cards/rules etc.

slayer

do any one now where i and get a tutorial on making a ccg card templates and symbols for it all.
it would be appreciated or can put one up for me thank you.
i have gimp,inkscape and dia.and i need thim for ccg maker.

eyerouge

Quote from: slayer on March 25, 2010, 04:06:29 AM
do any one now where i and get a tutorial on making a ccg card templates and symbols for it all.
it would be appreciated or can put one up for me thank you.
i have gimp,inkscape and dia.and i need thim for ccg maker.

I think you'd get more help if you posted it as a thread of it's own instead of kidnapping another users thread, which is also a totally different question from yours.

With that said, there are probably very few (if any) "tutorials on how to make a ccg template". It's so because it's very basich techniques involved, and something any user would be able to do as long as he/she can use gimp/inkscape to even a minimal degree. (Draw rectangles, type text... then fluff it up by more sophisticated techniques, all of which you'd have to read separate tutorials to learn).

slayer

ok thanks,ill try and figer it out.be if it aint too much to ask can some one put a diagram up.
sry ill try my own.

Maligus

Quote from: eyerouge on March 24, 2010, 10:33:46 AM
I'd love to help you out if your game is legal (meaning you have the copyright or permission to use the artwork that it utilizes).

It would be easy for me to adapt our card template to your game... btw - whats the url to your project? Would be interesting to see it's cards/rules etc.
actually...i just recently started making up this game (about 2 months ago) so there arent really any official rules (i am writing them soon however) and i dont really have a project url either...im really new to this whole thing
it really started when i got bored and decided that i wanted to learn how to program...i also wanted to make a card game...i found lackey and started making my own cards using the yugioh template then when i tried to add them it wouldnt work...few days later i figured out how to edit the lackey card text files to include my own cards

Horu

I also need help with this. But I also need help with so many types of cards its unreal. Because I want a colorful game, I figure its easier to color code cards accordingly to element.