News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Danmaku!! (Can we put it on lackey ?)

Started by kenki, October 03, 2015, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenki

Basically a kinda interactive tcg based on seating position. Depending upon how many plays affects how the game is played some what. Based on Touhou characters.

http://danmaku.mysteryparfait.com/

Anyway figured to ask ^_^, so the mtg community can have a break of me lol.

Bloodypizza17

I am not so familiar with this game I think I get the jest of it. Putting the cards into the game is no issue what so ever the only question comes with abilities of those cards and how they interact with the game. I can create plugins and I would be very interested in doing this one however I may need to pick your brain about a few things. My email is gwaltenys2@mailbox.winthrop.edu

kenki

I was trying to think on how to present it but no idea I'll find a youtube video of people playing it maybe.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13HsO97-Nk6HHRNuOrySJyE0m97hVLwHd3KeKaqZC1mc/edit?pli=1# (Thats the rulebook though)

Looks like you would put it as a board game design kinda like monopoly but with zones like yugioh kinda.

Game Phases go like this:
Start - Incident - Draw - Main - Discard.

Start:
(Resolves any "until your next turn effects) , basically seems to be the same as a clean up step in mtg terms.

Incident:
Check the incident if its resolved draw a card from the incident pile and replace it. (Simple enough)

Draw:
Unless stated otherwise all players draw 2. Depending upon how you do the game , that's easily done manually so no biggy here. Would work exactly like the mtg plugin.

Main:
Players can place however many items they wish , and as many action cards they wish. They have their own symbols. (There are a couple exceptions but for the most part)

Combat Phase:
Players can play 1 danmaku or 1 spell card, or one seal card during main phase. We can just put it as a combat phase similar to mtg.

Discard:
They then discard to the max number of cards = to their character cards max hand size. (Again nothing to complicated)

So basically:
Have every card loaded in on new game, pre-sorted by type of role and so on and put in a specific spot. Players pick whatever character they like, then draw roles depending upon how many from each of the sort role zones.

A incident pile or zone

A main library zone

A zone for each role with some sort of notation on the bottum right of one of the corners (like risk) for how many needs drawn for seats.

A hand zone

A "Used" incident zone

and a "Used" Main library zone

Maybe have it only load everything for seat 1 only for them to be the dealer ?

Edit:
Also My skype is ball4981401 if you wanna add me to chat. I suck at emails.

Bloodypizza17

This is doable as far as I can tell. The only thing I see as a slight issue is in Danmaku "decks" are prebuilt. With Lackey we cant force players to use certain decks. However we can save the decks as prebuilt deck and make a common rule (One enforced by players not the comp) that the players have to use the prebuilt "decks" aka the characters, incidits etc....

kenki

Well thats kinda what I'm meaning here, One person can just load the deck from the plugin.

People would just put the cards in their library zones (when all cards are dealt) or that one person can pull from their deck.

Every player could still have their used card pile, just have it at the beginning they all get put into player 1's used card pile. No biggy there.

Mtg Plugin for example has a place it auto loads the sideboard and the library as two separate tabs in deck editor.

Deck editor also had stuff sorted by types and so on (instants , spells, sorcerys, so on for mtg)
Could do the same here just sort it by function instead of type. (Roles / Incidents / Character Cards / so on)

Character Cards can just be put on the field using the /spawn card command, no hassle there.

Main issue so far would be how to do the board set up so when a game is started it has a seating arrangement that players can go thats kinda standardized 1-4 games or 1-8 games, since the seating mechanic is a major part of the game.

Though I suppose that can be sorted on itself when character cards are set on the board you'd just go off that. (Odds being usually on one side and evens usually on the other) with the person who won the roll or /pc always being assumed as seated position 1 as a given rule.

Whatcha think there ?

QuoteThis is doable as far as I can tell. The only thing I see as a slight issue is in Danmaku "decks" are prebuilt. With Lackey we cant force players to use certain decks. However we can save the decks as prebuilt deck and make a common rule (One enforced by players not the comp) that the players have to use the prebuilt "decks" aka the characters, incidits etc....

Edit:
Also was why I was saying deck editor having multiple sections would cover it i believe with a "right click reveal all when necessary". Since mtg would as stated above as an example also load anything in the zones like sideboard for example.

magekirbys

Pretty sure there's a function in game that allows you to load up decks for other people to use. Also about this seating function , just use the turn order or predetermine the seating based on the number of players. Quite simple really.

kenki

Yeah , just was trying to put it in a more organized way (since it would be annoying having to load every card in one single deck zone, I mean that would be fustraiting) So was trying to figure out a UI design of how deck editor and zones would look.