News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Playing the Bot

Started by mrofmist, March 16, 2010, 03:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofmist

How do you get the bot to work? I'm wanting to play Magic against it, but I can't figure out how to get it to start taking actions or such.

netfirecat

you control it, it's not an AI. I wish it was, but that's a hole new level of programming..

mrofmist

Anyone know where I can download some pre-made decks, so that I don't have to go through and keep making decks to play against.

mathman1550

Quote from: mrofmist on March 16, 2010, 04:36:05 AM
Anyone know where I can download some pre-made decks, so that I don't have to go through and keep making decks to play against.
That totally depends on the game you want to play. For example, if you are looking at MTG, there are decks everywhere (type "MTG deck list" into google and get 900,000 results) other games may be harder to find.
By the way, do you know about the paste feature in Lackey? Just copy a deck from online, and click the paste button in the deck builder.

mrofmist

What do you mean? Like I can just copy a deck list and paste it, and will automatically add the cards? Do they have to be in some form of format?

mathman1550

Quote from: mrofmist on March 16, 2010, 10:13:50 AM
What do you mean? Like I can just copy a deck list and paste it, and will automatically add the cards? Do they have to be in some form of format?
The best format is as follows:
1 [tab] goblin raider
3 [tab] swamp
4 [tab] Wonderous Apparition
etc.
It only works if the website or document you are copying from has spelled the names correctly.
Your turn to try. Go to http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Events.aspx?x=mtgevent/usnat08/top8dl and pick any deck you like. Highlight the card names in each section of the deck and copy (using [ctrl]+C works on Windows). Then go in to Lackey's deck editor and click the Paste button located near the top of the screen (next to deck name).